Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: two moduals one duplex outlet  (Read 2430 times)

AMXoldhack

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
two moduals one duplex outlet
« on: July 15, 2021, 12:30:55 AM »

I'll quote what I wrote in my Ebay review:

"Been looking for this product for a LONG time. prongs not polarized, but female side is. Allows me to plug in two wall warts "nose to nose" in one standard wall outlet with out having to use a power strip. Could be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. Also a good work around if you have older style outlets that will not accept a polarized plug."
Male side is polarized but female side is not. Could be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing by reversing hot and neutral. Can be also used as a work around for older style outlets that will not accept a polarized plug.

What I bought:

Newer listing:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/293963280586?epid=1784322948&hash=item447193b0ca:g:~bwAAOSwMj9gBzD5

seller:
hotlotz

toasterking

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
Re: two moduals one duplex outlet
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 09:45:39 PM »

I've also plugged a wall wart into the bottom outlet, stacked a couple of those adapters in the top outlet (as spacers) and plugged one of the wall warts into the stack of adapters.  The result is that both wall warts retain proper polarization and both hang downward.  One appears to "ride piggyback" on the other.  But you do what you have to.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2021, 06:04:05 AM »

I have also used the adapters as a spacer. To connect two wall warts to an outlet.

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2021, 02:35:20 PM »

I hadn't thought of using these for spacers but it certainly appears like it would work in some situations.  I generally just use short <6" extension cords sometimes called outlet savers.  The spacers you listed should be fine but they don't provide a ground for the bottom outlet.  You can have a ground for the top outlet if you screw the plate screw through the copper tab.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2021, 12:47:36 AM »

It seems as though some outlets (in my home) aren't hardly used.... where others never have enough plugs. I like the short-corded power strips that have 12 outlets and 2 USB ports. But I use whatever I can... where ever I need more outlets.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.