Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: sending security code (again)  (Read 4963 times)

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
sending security code (again)
« on: August 23, 2021, 05:03:12 PM »

So all has been great for a year+ using X10 SC1200 security console with pi running homegenie. 

Last night my home genie security alarmed but not my X10 SC1200!  HG sent me email saying workshop door open.

I use both x10 SC1200 AND HG security module;  this showed why it is a good idea!  The SC1200 had not armed, but the HG did.  So HG was happy until the top of the hour door switch check in!  It then alarmed.  Since I have it set to blink the house bedroom light & email which door triggered it, I knew what the issue was. 

But it showed me the SC1200 never armed!  Or it would have began beeping telling me I forgot to close the workshop door right away! 

I probably lost most of my remote KR32 etc remotes a month ago when I had an issue and removed batteries and reset everything.  I probably did not reteach the one remote needed that allows me to send the rf code from HG thru my CM15a.

Sorry for the long post, but now my question that I have never gotten a true handle on! 

There appears to be a SINGLE arm & disarm RF code command to send from HG to arm and disarm.  Yet I have to teach EVERY single individual remote transmitter!   I do not understand why a single code works from HG but each remote needs to be taught individually.

Anyone able to teach me?  Thanks!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: sending security code (again)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 06:33:27 PM »

Did you have to register the HG in the SC1200 before it worked?
When you initialize your remote. It uses a random security code {256 codes I think} and it is used when communicating with the SC1200. After being registered in the SC1200.
Having more than one of the remotes using the same code is not very likely. So you have to register each one with the SC1200.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 07:24:34 AM »

Just to expand on what Brian stated.
Gene prpgramed HG x10 rsecurity key flob remote widgets so it will see any x10 remote  signal.
This is Great except once one security remote is learned you can't learn another as Gene only coded HG to see part of the X10 code that related to a security flob, not the full code. This is a bug and a potential security issue which I posted about in Github some time ago.
If you create a script that watches the flob status and not the code any x10 flob signal can trigger your script. Good unless you have it for security.
Gene assumed all security key flob remotes sent the same code which incorrect.
When I attempted to point this out to Gene I was shot down by other HG users that stated I should not use X10 for security.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 09:27:55 AM »

Thanks guys. 

Brian, I never registered my HG RF send commands with the SC1200:  IThey do not have the extra security code attached, they are just the 7 bytes that say ARM or DISARM.  They used to work here, and have been shown by others to work.  The same 7 bytes have been shown to work on many folks SC1200s.  Why I am asking my question as mine stopped working.  Perhaps my cm15A is not sending them any longer;  I will have to investigate that angle next.

Tuicemen, my question is reverse of what you mentioned.  I remember your detailed testing and results that HG responds to ANY flob, but I think that receiving is opposite of my issue:  I am sending from HG.  I am not using the HG security module as my secure alarm system, I am using the secure SC1200.  In parallel, I DO turn on the HG security module so that it effectively blinks lights when triggered, sends detailed emails when armed showing which security device caused the trigger, and also serves well to show a good history of all transmissions of my DS10 security modules.  All that works fine.  Just no more SC1200 arming from HG.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2021, 06:48:59 AM »

The security key flob widget needs to be registered to the x10 security console  just like physical one.  You probably originaly did this or created the widget with code from an already configured flob. If the flob you created the widget with no longer works with your console that would explain why HG doesn't arm, disarm from the widget anymore.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2021, 08:40:13 AM »

Thanks Tuicemen;  I had that exact thought as a dream last night!  I planned to reteach all my security remotes to cm15 thru AHP today!  Figured that is only thing left! 

mike

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2021, 04:33:00 PM »

Thanks Tuicemen;  I had that exact thought as a dream last night!  I planned to reteach all my security remotes to cm15 thru AHP today!  Figured that is only thing left!

So funny I cannot laugh;  I added most of my KR10 & SH625s to my cm15 thru AHP...  last one I tried to add did not 'ding' in SC1200...   Now none ding, all show working in the SC1200 LCD screen tho...

Best I can tell from experimenting, HG sending the old working RF commands are still ignored in the SC1200 LCD screen.  maybe time to move on...

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.