Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 wifi HUB stopped working  (Read 2541 times)

tommarci

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 wifi HUB stopped working
« on: November 14, 2021, 07:25:41 PM »

After less than 11 months in service, the WM100 crapped out. It first started missing scheduled events. Then it stopped connecting to my device. when it is first plugged in, it appers to go into the setup mode and the blue light flashes continuously. It will not respond to the long sync button push to reset to factory. It's hosed!
Just like a ton of other X10 products I've had, the quality is horrid. For the $$$ I've spent, to receive service like this is frustrating.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
Re: X10 wifi HUB stopped working
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2021, 08:30:32 PM »

You're not alone in your disdain for the WM100 but at 11 months at least it's still under warranty - if you want to bother.

However, if I may, I'd like to point you to another product that I think you'd really like.

As an almost 40 year user of X10 I was thrilled to be able to control my system with Alexa using a simple plug'n' play device that can also function as a full blown X10 controller.

The solution I'm using is a Smartenit Harmony P2 with a bundled Insteon 2412UPLM.  At $60 for both it's an economical solution that not only gives you Alexa skill supported control of X10 but an app and a sophisticated automation controller with email and text notifications.  I've been using it for almost 3 years and it's rock solid.  It's basically what X10's WM100 should have been but for half the price and better functionality.  It's virtually plug 'n play so you can be up and running 30 minutes after you open the box.  Everything is done through an Android/IOS app or web portal.  In addition to X10, you can also use it to control Insteon and ZigBee devices should you ever wish to.

https://smartenit.com/shop/zigbee-insteon-x10-multi-protocol-gateway-hub/

If you order be sure to click the selection to include the 'Add Insteon/X10 powerline only PLM' bringing the total to $59.99.

Feel free to ask any questions.  A growing number of us here are using the P2 successfully.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 08:37:39 PM by brobin »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.