Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Question regarding Model PL001 Pro Power Line Repeater  (Read 3907 times)

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
Re: Question regarding Model PL001 Pro Power Line Repeater
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2022, 02:05:35 PM »

XM16a's and PAT03's. I switch between them using the WM100. I had no issues, until recently. I lost the ability to switch ones outside the house (Ones inside the Garage, etc) recently. Just trying to figure things out. Is the 5G switch over a possible cause? I went down the signal booster alley; that is not the issue...

We can discount 5G as the issue as the frequecies for 5G are much, much higher than the X10 PLC frequency.
Try reseting the GFCI breaker or outlets on the outside circuit(s).
If you put up outdoor LED Xmas decorations unplug them (time to take them down anyway) as they can generate line noise.
If you have a mini or maxi controller try plugging it into the same outside circuit and testing there and from other circuits in the house.
Try testing with the PLC01 unplugged as well.
I suspect line noise on that circuit so test and let us know what you find.

Mic_

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2022, 03:42:01 PM »

So, I reset the GFI and tried to send commands to the transceivers outside, no luck. I don't have any Christmas lights plugged in outside. I did bring one of the outside transceivers, inside the house, and I sent a command to it, while inside. It worked. Now, I know for sure the signals I send, do not reach outside the house. The signals don't even reach the garage.

Again, I send signals to the transceivers, through the WM100, using my android phone app. Things worked well, until a short time ago. This is a very interesting challenge...Could it be that the WM100 is at fault? This is the only thing left in the equation.

brobin

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2022, 04:19:30 PM »

It appears the WM100 is sending signals since it works indoors.  You can try with your Smartenit P2 to see if there's any difference but I suspect that you have some line noise in the garage/outdoor circuits.  Do you have an amplifier/repeater/coupler installed that bridges the two legs in the electrical panel?

You can try moving the WM100 and/or Smartenit P2 to the garage our outside to test as well.

I think you should be looking for wall warts and/or LED bulbs in the garage or outdoors and unplug them for testing.  As I mentioned above on 11/30, some months ago an X10 dead zone developed and my Smartenit P2 didn't appear to be sending signals - but it was.  The same circuit had a Tivo Mini powered by a wall wart.  I unplugged the wall wart and the P2's signals were then heard throughout the house again.  That adapter had been plugged in for years and was still powering the Tivo Mini but just started spewing line noise.  So you have to check and try everything on the circuit since a wall wart - or anything for that matter - can cause trouble at any time.

Mic_

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2022, 04:25:32 PM »

The search continues

Mic_

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2022, 06:32:05 PM »

So, I just received, and set up the Smartenit-Harmony p2, with the add on hardware to allow X10 device(s) access. When I come up on the home screen (Phone App) I see a green light, with the Smartenit-Harmony P2 window. Immediately below that, I see an events window, that shows "Nothing Recently". Anyone familiar with this phone app to say how to go about connecting with the X10 devices? Thanks

brobin

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2022, 08:19:06 PM »

Happy to help you get started with your new P2.  I assume you went through setting up your account and now you're ready to add devices.  BTW, don't forget to open your Alexa app and, under the 'Skills' tab get and enable the Smartenit skill.

Now let's add your X10 devices. In the upper right corner of your screen tap the green '+' button.
Tap 'Devices' then scroll down to 'Switches/Outlets' and tap it.
Scroll down to and select either 'X10 Appliance Modules' or 'X10 Dimmers' as appropriate.  Anything that doesn't dim is an Appliance Module.
Then tap 'Add Now' and enter the name for the device (i.e. Porch Light) and enter the House and Unit code then tap 'Save'

Rinse, Lather, Repeat for each X10 device.

Now if you tap the menu bars in the upper left corner and select 'Devices' you'll see a list of your X10 devices and you can tap the circle to turn them on and off.

You'll now be able to see events as they occur.

If you've enabled the Smartenit skill in the Alexa app now would be a good time to tell Alexa to 'Discover Devices' after which you can control them by voice.

By pressing the '+' button you can select 'Automation Rules' and set up whatever schedules/events you like.

Any questions, just holler.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 08:22:55 PM by brobin »

SkipWX10

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2022, 09:58:30 PM »

Just copied and emailed the above to myself so I don't have to ask when mine arrives ;-)

brobin

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2022, 11:34:09 PM »

Good idea! I'll post this in the Smartenit P2/G2 topic as well.

Mic_

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2022, 03:45:29 AM »

Most excellent set up instructions. I got to the add device point and got stuck. Thanks. I too copied the instructions for myself. On the money! Will complete set up and try out Today.

smatofu

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2022, 02:52:45 PM »

So, I reset the GFI

GFCI breakers significantly reduce X10 signal in my house. For me, X10 signal has to be very strong to get through GFCI.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.