Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Powerhouse HR12a Stopped Working  (Read 2599 times)

AKMike

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Powerhouse HR12a Stopped Working
« on: December 14, 2021, 12:50:44 PM »

All of my HR12a palm pads have stopped functioning.  My X10 system has been running on a UDI ISY994i device with a PLM for the past two years without a problem but suddenly all 5 of my pads no longer function to turn lights on or off.  The automation system is running fine and turning the lights on and off as programmed but I can't turn anything on or off with the remote palm pads.  I take that the X10 signal is getting through the wiring to turn the lights on and off.

I've changed the batteries in the pads and CM15a without any improvement.  I've moved the CM15a around to different outlets and with a lamp module but no success in getting the remotes to function.  Can there be some RF interference that is blocking the palm pads?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Powerhouse HR12a Stopped Working
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 06:33:24 PM »

Are you using the CM15A for the X10 transceiver. To get the X10 RF signals on to the power lines?
You may want to check in the Tools Tab, Hardware Configuration, Transceived House Code. To make sure the House Code you are using is checked. Auto has been reported a few times to not always work correctly. Specific and checking the House Code boxes you want to use. Is what I have used.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 06:47:25 PM »

It's highly unlikely that the 5 PalmPads would fail simultaneously so the common point of failure would be the CM15A. If the solution offered by Brian H doesn't work you might want to purchase an X10 PAT03 transceiver to replace it.

https://www.x10.com/collections/x10-pro-wireless-transceivers/products/pat03

AKMike

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 06:18:18 PM »

I tried a new CM15a and was able to check the house codes but Windows keeps saying the USB device is unrecognized.  I've tried the procedure to fix the CM15a but it will not retain the correct USB driver. 

Also pulled all the batteries out of the palm pads incase one was stuck in transmit mode but that didn't improve anything.

I'm running out of ideas to try.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2021, 08:17:19 PM »

What version of Windows are you using. I don’t know too much about Windows but have you tried uninstalling AHP and reinstalling using the AHP creators install procedure. Sounds like you have some form of driver corruption in play. Before you attempt anything further, unplug the new CM15 from your computer, then plug it back in and go to Windows Device Manager and see what is being reported by your USB devices. Your looking for a CM15 USB device obviously. Make sure the old CM15 is not plugged in at the same time. I could sort that problem out in two minutes if it was Linux and not Windows but I imagine the problem would be the same in both operating systems.

Depending on the age of both CM15’s, one being an older model and the other newer it’s quite possible that Windows sees them as different USB devices and won’t assign the X10 driver to the newer CM15 hence why an uninstall and reinstall might resolve your problem. I assume Windows uses a restore to previous point feature so create one before you proceed.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2021, 06:30:51 AM »

If Windows has designated your new Cm15a the wrong usb drive (happens usually with a Windows Update) you need to go into your Windows devices and change the USB drive for the cm15 to the Activehome driver.
If memory serves me correct the cm15 driver is located in c:/Program Files x86/common files/x10/drivers
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

AKMike

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2021, 11:26:28 PM »

I finally got the new CM15a to connect with the AHP on my PC and checked all the house codes in the transceiver and uploaded the X10 lights and switches.  I still can't get my palm pads to turn any lights on or off.  When I look at the history for any device to see if there are any commands sent, I don't see any.  I'm about to give up on the AHP stuff.  Is there anything that could be blocking the RF signal from the palm pads?

Thanks for all the suggestions and insights.  Learning a lot.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2021, 07:03:35 AM »

There are things that can block RF signals however if testing your palm pad directly beside your CM15 (nothing between the cm15 antenna and plam pad)still fails then these things are not the issue. If AHP history shows a RF signal has been recieved just nothing sent then there is another issue.
AHP is very old and many here have moved to using other newer or more recently updated software.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2021, 10:52:26 AM »

If you want a one stop home automation hub you could do worse than this. It effectively covers nearly every element of home automation you can imagine including X10 and the much sought after Alexa capability with a full blown cloud service included in that purchase price
and if you ever want to transition away from X10 you can do it painlessly without purchasing another hub. It’s all based around simple English language events and of course is fully supported by the developer. Have a look and decide for yourself https://shop.homeseer.com/products/homeseer-hometroller-pi-g2-smart-home-hub-open-box?variant=40332605849775

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.