Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: switch module won't turn on at time assigned  (Read 3156 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: switch module won't turn on at time assigned
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2022, 09:46:32 AM »

I don't believe AHP or the timer is the issue but a noise or signal sucker issue.
If the timer works from the PC then it is possible the timer isn't actually getting downloaded to the CM15 may be the USB cord has become faulty. Have you tried a different USB cable.

I once had a lamp (with a incandescent bulb) when it was turned on, only 1 other X10 device on that circuit would respond (on but not off). It took a bit of time to route that one out. ::) :' luckily having the house just rewired I knew the path the wire traveled. A module just before it worked but nothing after it.
I'd check for things that are on the same circuit as timer controlled light.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2022, 10:43:15 AM »

The more I think about this the more I think it's a signal issue.  Can you move the CM15A to a different outlet today? Ideally it'd be an outlet on the same leg as the light that won't turn on and located near your electrical panel.

Adkuz

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2022, 01:23:07 PM »

Well I guess the plot thickens. Yesterday, I connected the CM15A to the outlet it's usually plugged into with an extension cord as I've done before. I verified that the unit is plugged in the receptacle with neutral wire intact (in other words to be sure I wasn't inverting the device in the socket). This time the module that's been the problem did not turn on from the PC as before. I tried to unplug everything on that breaker to be sure there wasn't any interference and no change. I could however control another wall receptacle in the same room 100%. Always on and off as instructed by the PC. No dimming, but that's OK.  So, I decided to make that lamp my scheduled device. I deleted the programming on the previous lamp (a wall switch) and programmed the lamp (a wall receptacle) with the commands to turn on at dusk. All other lamps programmed to turn on at dusk did, but that one did not! What the...?

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2022, 02:08:10 PM »

This might be a long shot but try removing things on the circuit that serves the wall switch. That may entail unscrewing some bulbs but it's worth a try.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.