Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: switch module won't turn on at time assigned  (Read 3153 times)

Adkuz

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
switch module won't turn on at time assigned
« on: January 13, 2022, 11:37:55 AM »

I have a standard wall switch module that doesn't want to turn on at the CM15A programmed time. If I connect a PC to the CM15A and turn on the switch, the lamp works. If I us a RF remote to turn on the switch, it works. It's programmed to turn on at dusk, but it doesn't. I use the exact same code for 4 other wall switches and they all work at the right time. That particular module works fine for everything but the programmed time. It turns on and off from the CM15A via computer command and turns on and off via RF command to the CM15A. The signal is being sent twice for redundancy and it clearly shows the correct programmed time. Any thoughts??

Adkuz

Re: switch module won't turn on at time assigned
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 11:49:18 AM »

I am attaching the code being used for reference.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 03:23:37 PM »

I notice your timer is set to dim not turn on. If your module is not setup correctly in AHP some functions will fail.
What windows version is AHP installed in, and is it 64 bit?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Adkuz

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 01:55:11 PM »

Thanks for your reply Tuicemen, I am using Windows 10 version 21H1 and yes, it's 64 bit. So since the timer description box says turn on and then dim, are you saying that by showing the dimmer at 60%, it won't follow the instruction? Curious.  I'm doing the same on other modules that work correctly. I changed the device number in case I had some random noise blocking the signal or perhaps the transmitter had a problem with that number and that didn't help. What confuses me is that the module works from the power line when I toggle the PC connection to the transmitter. It also works with RF remotes that ultimately send a line signal, so I know the module works. I also know the transmitter works, but this one unique device doesn't. Hmmm

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 03:17:48 PM »

So since the timer description box says turn on and then dim, are you saying that by showing the dimmer at 60%, it won't follow the instruction?
No, What I'm saying is the module has to be configured correctly in AHP.
If the module is not a softstart lamp it has to be set as older non softstart light not light. Some modules except extended commands for dimming and some do not. If AHP is configured to a module that excepts code that the module actual won't except it won't perform.

Also Windows updates have added additional security for software running in Program files X86 folder which affect newly added things in AHP. If the AHP folder is there move it to out of that folder and just under C:/

As well I noticed your timer is set to store on the interface have you tested without that checked or do you run the CM15 disconnected from the PC normally?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Adkuz

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 06:27:22 PM »

I always run the Cm15 disconnected from the PC. I've tried both softstart and non soft start and nether works. BTW.... all this used to work. One day it stopped and I haven't been able to get it back no matter what. I even changed modules. Why does the CM15 control it when I give it an RF command or via the PC but  not by itself??

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2022, 06:32:17 PM »

When you disconnect from the PC do you move it to another location?
Do you remove the USB from the CM15 or just the PC?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Adkuz

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2022, 07:10:40 PM »

I remove it from the wall in an adjacent room and connect it to the original receptacle with an extension cord so that I can plug it into my PC. Seems worst case for signal in doing that, yet it works fine. I always unplug the USB from the CM15 before the PC after I've logged out of AHP.

SkipWX10

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2022, 09:08:54 PM »

Do you check the 'Repeat' box in all of your timers when you set them up (under 'Store in Interface)? DO you need to send multiple commands usually? Is there a new phone charger or something else on the same circuit as the offending module? Anything else that would be a signal sucker or blocker for that particular spot?

I do not and all of my timers work in AHP (all set for a Dusk -60 turn on) from the CM15a running stand alone. I have old and new modules and wall switches...

Adkuz

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2022, 04:19:06 PM »

I have checked the repeat button on my circuits for many years. Not sure if I need to, but can't hurt. I know of nothing new on that circuit. I just replaced the switch with a new WS467 and it still doesn't work. Everything turns it on including RF commands to the  to the CM15A, and PC commands to the CM15A, but it just won't turn on at the assigned time. I deleted the module and re-entered it. I changed the module number. I'm totally out of ideas.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2022, 05:18:18 PM »

Does it turn on at the set time if you leave the cm15 connected? It doesn't have to be a new thing on that circuit, things get noisy with age. Check to see what may be on at the time the timer is to fire that is on the same circuit.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2022, 06:20:26 PM »

Just a few thoughts-

Are you turning anything else on at the same time or earlier - like an LED light?  They can throw noise even if they haven't before.
Will it turn on the switch if you set the time to something else i.e. 2PM when other lights are off?
Do other lights come on at dusk?  If not, have you verified time zone and lat/long settings for sunset calculations?

Adkuz

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2022, 08:52:31 PM »

All good suggestions. I will try them tomorrow. Really nothing else is on. I'll have to verify what all is on that breaker. I can try with the PC connected and I'll also try a different time. Stay tuned. And BTW, no LED's. Yes, other lights come on at dusk as scheduled. There are 5 others all on separate switches and they all work daily. The timer is right.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2022, 05:47:49 AM »

If the CM15A is on the same circuit as the computing equipment.
Computer power supplies are many times a noise maker or signal sucker.

Adkuz

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2022, 08:50:48 AM »

Nope, the computer is typically not connected  to the CM15A but it's not on the same circuit anyway. I understand the noise potential, but why does it work so perfectly when I send commands t the CM15A via RF or by connecting it to the computer?? Surely the noise is the same when the CM15A send the powerline command.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.