Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Activehome Vista - all on/off  (Read 1617 times)

pcbISHAF

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Activehome Vista - all on/off
« on: February 09, 2022, 11:59:02 AM »

I have just started using ActiveHome Vista after using another software package for many years.  My question is does this software package have the ability to send an all off/on command?  If so, how do you do it?

Thanks,

Phil

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
Re: Activehome Vista - all on/off
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 02:18:50 PM »

I don't know if there are any users of that tool here.  It's been mentioned in the past, but I'm not sure if any of the users involved in that discussion are still around.  If you have AHP and an extra PLC controller you can monitor the commands out of AHV and see if it does what you want.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 04:23:55 PM »

You may want to try a search.
I found many messages mentioning Active Home Vista.

The X10 Shop. https://thex10shop.com/pages/Software-Downloads
Has the program and a release paper on the program.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 04:29:32 PM by Brian H »

pcbISHAF

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 06:02:42 PM »

Activehome Vista - all on/off
« on: Today at 11:59:02 AM »
ReplyQuoteModifyModify
I have just started using ActiveHome Vista after using another software package for many years.  My question is does this software package have the ability to send an all off/on command?  If so, how do you do it?

Thanks,

Phil
Report to moderator    67.61.89.85
bkenobi
PI Expert
Helpful Post Rating: 23
["Helpful Post"]
Personal Message (Online)

« Reply #1 on: Today at 02:18:50 PM »
ReplyQuote
I don't know if there are any users of that tool here.  It's been mentioned in the past, but I'm not sure if any of the users involved in that discussion are still around.  If you have AHP and an extra PLC controller you can monitor the commands out of AHV and see if it does what you want.

I don't have a copy of AHP and from I have been able to determine, it will not run on Win 11.

Thanks for your input, though.  I guess I will continue looking for a user manual or an experienced user.

Phil

pcbISHAF

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2022, 06:05:40 PM »

Posted by: Brian H
« on: Today at 04:23:55 PM »Insert Quote
You may want to try a search.
I found many messages mentioning Active Home Vista.

I have searched this forum and am searching with Google but haven't been successful.  I appreciate the help.

Phil

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2022, 06:52:30 PM »

I have searched this forum and am searching with Google but haven't been successful.  I appreciate the help.

Phil
As Brian posted above, your answer (which is 'yes') is right here: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2279/4329/files/CM11A_ActiveHome_Vista_Release_Notes.txt?14146635027518984082

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2022, 07:59:26 PM »

I remember being in touch directly with the author a few years back. He decided to abandon the project owing to a lack of interest in it. Before he wrapped things up he produced this app with some background information. Might be of interest to you but there’s no further support for the project https://active-home-vista.soft112.com/

madbrain

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2022, 08:42:01 PM »

Thanks,

Phil

If you are talking about the Windows version of ActiveHome vista, yes, it does have that ability, in the Actions menu. However, I just tested it, and it doesn't work (does nothing). I'm using ActiveHome Vista 2.5.5 . Last update I got before it disappeared from the Internet. I still use it with a CM17A on my desktop, to turn on the ceiling light and my audio amplifier.

If you are talking about the Android version, no idea.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 08:44:30 PM by madbrain »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.