🔌General Home Automation > Automating Your House

What ways are you using Alex/Google to control your X10 devices.

(1/2) > >>

Tuicemen:
With so many ways now available to intergrate Alexa/Google with X10 I was wondering what everyone is using?
Do you have a backup option it case what you mainly use goes down? If so what?
Here are some of the ways I've done it over the years.

* HA-Bridge
* Smartthings developer app
* Broadlink Pro
* Triggercmd(I actual used all the skills this has)
* ESP-01(programed to simulate Wemo switches)
* Echo Bridge (addon interface for Home Genie)

guyl:
I use ha-bridge.

Tuicemen:
I used HA-Bridge for a long time but always had a backup in place for the devices I used the most. Glad HA-Bridge is still working for you as many had issues using it and moved on.

SkipWX10:
I have all my timers set in AHP and a CM15, but I also have a WM100 as a phone app controller in case I need it. For Alexa - X10 I use Smartenit Harmony with USB connected powerline interface.

So basically the CM15 does everything I need on a daily basis and the Harmony allows the Alexa interface, and I do have several Amazon switches that can only be controlled manually or through Alexa.

Tuicemen:
I found another skill that will allow x10 control using webhook.  It is called "URL Switch" . I Actually found it sometime ago but since it was just updated I had another look at it.  This should work with HomeGenie as well as any other software that you can access via a server even AHP. Currently it allows for only on/off calls and is limited to only making a get call with port 80 or 443.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version