Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MagicJack isn't so magic  (Read 1858 times)

PGR

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
MagicJack isn't so magic
« on: March 05, 2023, 03:31:10 PM »

We get so many telemarketing calls that I can't keep up with them anymore.  MagicJack answers the phone and tells the caller that in order to proceed with the call, they have to press a certain number on the keypad.  The number is a random number from 0 to 9.  Computer generated calls can't do this so it blocks them from getting to you. 
But, MagicJack is a VoIP only works in certain areas.  Maybe areas that are not controlled by my provider.  Also, if you are not in the area, you can't port over your current phone number.  It doesn't work here. 
It seems possible for someone to come up with an attachment that answers the phone, tells the caller to press a certain number and then wait for the caller to press a button. 
Oh, I love you guys but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.   B:( Maybe I should contact one of the answering machine companies and see if they can add the feature.  That way, it would not put the ring through until the caller presses the right key, and then put the ring through.  Also, then it could take a messages from people that do press the right number. 
But, maybe you could work with one of the phone answering machine companies. 

Nurb432

Re: MagicJack isn't so magic
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2023, 11:47:53 AM »

I gave up on magjcjack long long ago.  Went to google voice instead.  And i was able to port my number.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 10:53:38 AM »

Also, if you are not in the area, you can't port over your current phone number.  It doesn't work here. 

Where is "here?"

PGR

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 04:16:55 PM »

I live in the San Fernando Valley near L. A.  The valley is broken up into different area codes.  On the MagicJack site, I entered my prefix and it said I was not able to use MagicJack.  Five miles away, it was okay. 

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2023, 04:35:32 PM »

You should be able to use 818 or 747 in the valley.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.