💬General Category > General Discussion

X10 Open Source Hardware?

(1/2) > >>

Tashtari:
Any chance anyone out there is interested in collaborating on some open-source X10 hardware?

It seems to me that there are a handful of opportunities for useful stuff for the X10 community, things like debugging/diagnostic tools, repeaters, interfaces, things that the forum's own Jeff Volp has sadly but well-deservedly retired from providing.

My electrical engineering knowledge is solidly "enough to be dangerous", but my PIC firmware chops are pretty good, I've made a number of well-received retrocomputing firmware projects (my github username is 'lampmerchant' if you're curious) and would love to partner with someone whose skillset complements mine on the electrical side to work on some cool projects.

Tashtari:
Guess not! <:)

I've had a look at Microchip's AN236 appnote, and... I dunno, maybe I'll screw together the courage, but at the moment, 120VAC is a little too spicy for me.

If anyone sees this thread later, feel free to resurrect it!

Brian H:
The X10 and PRO line modules.
Are power line run as you have seen.
Many have a common or hot power supply connection directly to the AC power line.

AMXoldhack:
Your post got me curious. Ive been hacking x1o modules since the BSR days. I'm a retired industrial electronic technician.
(had my own LLC company) I'm very familiar with the AC side of things. what exactly are you looking for?  >!

Brian H:

--- Quote from: AMXoldhack on December 27, 2023, 01:56:51 AM ---Your post got me curious. Ive been hacking x1o modules since the BSR days. I'm a retired industrial electronic technician.
(had my own LLC company) I'm very familiar with the AC side of things. what exactly are you looking for?  >!

--- End quote ---
Do you have experience with the later X10 modules?
The Soft Start Lamp and CFL Friendly Appliance modules.
The surface mounted controller is a new one.
The power supplies are not the ~20VDC but a ~3.3VDC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version