Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Amazon Echo Hub as X10 Control Panel  (Read 873 times)

x10wizard

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Amazon Echo Hub as X10 Control Panel
« on: November 25, 2023, 08:13:20 PM »

The soon to be released Amazon Echo Hub will have WiFi, Bluetooth Low Energy Mesh, Zigbee, Thread, and Matter device compatibility.  What would be the simplest way to have the hub control my existing (more than 80) X10 devices?  I presently have two 1132CU's that run macros and timers, and 12 Insteon keypads (set up in X10 mode only) that are used as the primary means of controlling all the X10 modules (lights, fans, etc.) in the house. 

https://www.amazon.com/Echo-Hub/dp/B0BCR7M9KX

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Amazon Echo Hub as X10 Control Panel
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2023, 08:16:42 AM »

From what I've  read in different reviews controling x10 from this would be no different the controling from any of the show devices. As long as Alexa can see and control your x10 devices you should beable to add them to this.
I've looked at many different ways to control x10 with Alexa, all require some sort of extra hardware.

As for the echo hub I suspect it will at launch or shorty after display unwanted adds just like all the shows. This has resulted in many users giving up on the shows for this reason or the fact that setting get reset to defaults on updates.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 11:24:36 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Amazon Echo Hub as X10 Control Panel
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2023, 09:10:20 AM »

I’ve had the zig bee hub for some time. I’ve never had great luck with a stable connection of X10 and Amazons Alex…. But loved it when it worked.

I’ve found my X10 to be a perfect match with my home theater…. Where voice command is undesirable… and where Amazon devices fail to have great remote-button control.

Of course… new better/BRIGHTER projector (and screen) technology has almost made the need for home theater automation (which is what brought me to X10 and HA) moot. Leaving a light on doesn’t really degrade or significantly alter the experience with the brighter projected picture.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.