Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: making hg better for me  (Read 410 times)

gadgetboy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
making hg better for me
« on: September 29, 2024, 10:08:26 AM »

As you all know, I have had X10 working for me since 1984 in some way or another. Right now everything is working nearly prefectly with Homegenie, Raspberry Pi and much help from this website. Only problem I have is how one wall in my garage is cluttered with one setup for homegenie. the dreaded automatic nightime light system.

Currently I have an appliance module setup to turn on and off at sundown and sunup. this is in homegenie as A4 and is setup fron sunrise time from openweather website. Works wonderfully. It should. Took over  month to get it working.

Next step is an RR501 transceiver on A1 plugged into the timed appliance module triggered by an MS16 motion sensor when you open the door. This turns on the lights in the garage ond the light over the step. The macro has a wait time of 5 minutes to let you get into the house before the lights go out.

So far this has all been working as well as most X10 installs (99.99% prefectly with just enough errors to keep you guessing)
but I feel there should be a simpler way. Maybe a way to replace the timed modulein with a timed restriction in the macro. I don't understand the way to use "if-then-else-endif" in HomeGenie.But a nudge in the right direction could get me pointed in the right direction.

With many thanks for both past and future assistance,

Dave

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.