📱X10 WIFI > 🗯General Discussion

Restrict access to former roommate

(1/2) > >>

timlight10:
Hello, someone is moving out of my house and they have the X10 app on their phone, linked to my WM100. Is there a way to restrict access to my WM100 when they leave beyond asking them to remove the app?

SkipWX10:
I can't remember the setup of the WM100, but if I recall, don't you need to log into the wireless network to connect initially. What if you were to reconfigure your wireless with a different password? Would they then need to reconnect to the network for which they now have no password?

dave w:
Change password for WM100.

timlight10:

--- Quote from: SkipWX10 on December 25, 2023, 06:46:42 PM ---I can't remember the setup of the WM100, but if I recall, don't you need to log into the wireless network to connect initially. What if you were to reconfigure your wireless with a different password? Would they then need to reconnect to the network for which they now have no password?

--- End quote ---
WM100 works over the internet, you don't need to be on a wireless network to use it.

--- Quote from: dave w on December 27, 2023, 12:36:37 PM ---Change password for WM100.

--- End quote ---
My WM100 doesn't have a password... where does the password go?

SkipWX10:

--- Quote from: timlight10 on January 03, 2024, 08:41:06 AM ---
--- Quote from: SkipWX10 on December 25, 2023, 06:46:42 PM ---I can't remember the setup of the WM100, but if I recall, don't you need to log into the wireless network to connect initially. What if you were to reconfigure your wireless with a different password? Would they then need to reconnect to the network for which they now have no password?

--- End quote ---
WM100 works over the internet, you don't need to be on a wireless network to use it.

Unplug your wireless router and let me know if you can connect to the WM100, I'd be interested to find out....

--- Quote from: dave w on December 27, 2023, 12:36:37 PM ---Change password for WM100.

--- End quote ---
My WM100 doesn't have a password... where does the password go?

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version