Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Which setting controls on/off time?  (Read 987 times)

Marauder2003

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Which setting controls on/off time?
« on: July 15, 2024, 09:28:17 AM »

In my WM100 all my timers are set for a specific time, not Dusk/Dawn. But they all seem to adjust slightly every day. I have a timer set for 05:40. I woke up at 05:44 and the light was not on. The log shows 2 On events. One for 05:51. That was me doing the On from my iPad. Another at 05:54 which I assume was the timer.

Which setting in the Timer control sets the variable option?

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 160
Re: Which setting controls on/off time?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2024, 02:24:32 PM »

I don't have a WM100 so this is just a guess.

I have a Hunter-Douglas Platinum Gateway that, like the WM100, has no internet based clock and gets it's time from connecting to the phone app. 
I found that if I don't connect to the gateway with the app for a few days, the times for the shades to go up or down will get a little later each day until I reconnect and the clock is updated.  To solve that I just do a quick connection each day to keep it accurate. 

smatofu

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: Which setting controls on/off time?
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2024, 11:56:27 AM »

Here is what I had to do to get always a reasonably good time on WM100 without regular phone connections:

WM100 is set to 1am after power off.

So I have a Wifi smart plug that is scheduled to daily power cycle at 1am. WM100 is connected to power through that WiFi smart plug.

The setup has been working ok for years. The main negative: losing day of week, WM100 resets to Saturday on power cycle (not sure of Sat or Sun)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.