Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [How-Do-I] Change a Sticky Switch (SS13A) Into a 4-Button Switch (KR19A)?  (Read 9352 times)

poursha

• Helpful Post Rating: 1

I've been trying to figure out how to mod an ss13a switch into a 4-button switch, instead of 3-button and dim/bright.

I figured that I'd look at the guts of a kr22a (4-button, dim/bright) credit card remote and see if it was similar; used the same chipset.

Sure enough it DOES.

In fact, I've pulled both schematics from the FCC, and the they are almost identical. But, I can NOT get it to work with the 4th button. I've tried shorting about every combination of pins that makes any sense. Everything that I try just transmits an A1 (first button command), instead of an A4. <argh>

Here are the two FCC locations for these remotes:

https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/cf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=94285&fcc_id='B4SSS13A'

https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/cf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=92983&fcc_id='B4SKR19A'

Is anyone smart about RF circuitry? What is the trick???

RoB

gil shultz

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Re: [How-Do-I] Change a Sticky Switch (SS13A) Into a 4-Button Switch (KR19A)?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 11:51:04 PM »

Good Evening,

Your links did not work.  I am just guessing but the wire you used is probably changing the RF frequency causing the receiver to miss the signal.  Remember these are very low cost items not designed for modifications or circuit changes, there are no extra parts to stabilize the system.

Good Luck
Gil Shultz

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
FCC Reference LINKs [as of 09/22/2007]
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 11:14:17 AM »

...I figured that I'd look at the guts of a kr22a (4-button, dim/bright) credit card remote and see if it was similar; used the same chipset.

Sure enough it DOES.

In fact, I've pulled both schematics from the FCC, and the they are almost identical. But, I can NOT get it to work with the 4th button...

...Here are the two FCC locations for these remotes:

...Your links did not work...

:( ::) :-\
For future reference (as of 09/22/2007):

« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 11:24:32 AM by TakeTheActive »
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: [How-Do-I] Change a Sticky Switch (SS13A) Into a 4-Button Switch (KR19A)?
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 11:53:59 AM »

In fact, I've pulled both schematics from the FCC, and the they are almost identical. But, I can NOT get it to work with the 4th button. I've tried shorting about every combination of pins that makes any sense. Everything that I try just transmits an A1 (first button command), instead of an A4. <argh>

poursha: This device contain the EM78P153 microcontroller. It has a One-Time-Programmable (OTP) Read Only Memory (ROM) section that is programmed to operate in a specific way. If this same microcontroller is used on more than one devices, then it is more than likely programmed differently as well.

This programming would have been done by the manufacturer and cannot be changed to alter how it works.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.