Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: RF signal are not triggering devices  (Read 40889 times)

WILLGLOY

RF signal are not triggering devices
« on: April 15, 2005, 01:43:29 AM »

So far, I haven't had the problems I read
about however tonight, I hit my first one.
My timers have been working without any
issues and even my wireless remotes until
now.  I have AHP connected all the time to a
dedicated server which may be why I've had
no problems.  Any way tonight, I went to
turn out the lights down stairs and they
would not go out.  Looking at the computer,
I could see the activity in the log for the
right signal and even see the switch change
in the program however the signal would
never trigger the device.  I clicked on the
switch in AHP and it worked fine.  So what I
don't understand is the RF works becuase the
software see's the response to the remotes
and the cm15 will still control the devices -
so why isn't the RF signal triggering the
device.  Restarting the software didn't
help, and neither did clearing and reloading
the cm15.  I've even pulled the batteries
and unplugged it and can not get around the
problem.  The only strange items I can find
in the activity log is a received rf D
filled handheld but I'm not using anything
on the housecode D and have no neighbors
nearby to interfer as well.  Please advise.
I would like for my wireless remotes to work
again.

gregb

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: RF signal are not triggering devices
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 08:32:13 AM »

I have suddenly developed the same problem
on my system. The activity monitor shows
the RF received but it doesn't send out any
of the commands. I am using  AHP with
Windows XP Pro. As in your system, the
commands do work if I send them manually
from my computer.

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 12:38:08 PM »

Check in Hardware Configuration and make sure
that the House Code you're using is checked
in the Transceived House Codes section. If
it's not, change it to what it should be, and
click Update Interface. You may also want to
download your data again.

hterzian

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 01:26:21 PM »

It is June 19th, I have the latest version and keep have the same problems every 3-4 days. the units accepts the rf signal but is doe not send it. When I run the program on the PC it seems to solve the problem...

I have suddenly developed the same problem
on my system. The activity monitor shows
the RF received but it doesn't send out any
of the commands. I am using  AHP with
Windows XP Pro. As in your system, the
commands do work if I send them manually
from my computer.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 05:05:19 PM »

Did you double check that the House Code is set to be Transceived. In the tools Hardware configuration area?

cyberserf

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 02:45:18 AM »

I am having the same problem. Is there a  solution for this??? seems like a software bug?

why would the units trigger when using the PC and not with the remotes? yet the activiity is showing in AHP?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 06:58:44 AM »

If the CM15A is not set to Transceive the Remotes House Code. It will show in the Activity Monitor but not be sent over the powerline to the modules. The remote could still trigger a macro to then do someting like a module on or off.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 09:44:16 AM »

After doing any updates or adding any plug-ins "always double check your settings"some times they get set back to the defalts!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 09:47:12 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

David Mark

• Helpful Post Rating: -3
    • Ohio Media Group
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 04:58:15 PM »

How could an RF signal show up in the AHP log without affecting the module on that house/unit code?

If you are using another transceiver, your AHP controller heard the signal, but your lamp or wall switch or whatever did not.  That can happen for any number of reasons (signal suckers, no coupler, etc.)

If you are not using another transceiver, you need to check the box to send that house code's RF to the power line.  Watch out for AHP twiddling with those settings on upgrades.

KuGuy

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 01:23:40 AM »

>*<
I know this is an old problem but my unit still does not respond to remote commands except to state "Receive" and "Receive RF" in the activity log.  The thing that is different is that in the Hardware Configuration menu all house codes are greyed out when "auto" is selected.  I am using housecode G for all my units.  It also does not work when the specific G code is selected, interface updated, and the timers are downloaded.  I removed the batteries, unplugged the CM15A,  waited 5 minutes, Plugged the CM15A in and downloaded again with no success.  I'm getting pretty frustrated at this point.  I just received my CM15A last week to replace one that I thought was killed by a lightning hit but the new one acts the same.  The original problem may have been masked by the fact that I also was using an RCA HC50RX RF receiver at the other end of the house.  I want the CM15A to work properly so I can modify it to use an external antenna (through the house wall) to be able to receive outdoor motion sensors.

Any more suggestions?  I have the latest AHP software installed.

Thanks    Sam

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 07:11:28 AM »

Hey Sam,

Start really simply.  Plug the CM15a into the bottom of a wall outlet - and plug an LM-465 (lamp module) into the top of the same outlet.  Plug a lamp into the LM-465 and turn it on manually.  Did it come on?

Install that LM-465 lamp module in a room in AHP.  Switch it on, then off.  Did the lamp turn off?  Can you turn it back on via AHP?  Can you dim it?
If not, check that the CM15a is talking to AHP - (download timers and make sure there are no errors).  Are you sure the LM-465 is set to the same HC/UC as you set the module in AHP?

PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

KuGuy

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 02:23:14 PM »

Hey Sam,

Start really simply.  Plug the CM15a into the bottom of a wall outlet - and plug an LM-465 (lamp module) into the top of the same outlet.  Plug a lamp into the LM-465 and turn it on manually.  Did it come on?

Install that LM-465 lamp module in a room in AHP.  Switch it on, then off.  Did the lamp turn off?  Can you turn it back on via AHP?  Can you dim it?
If not, check that the CM15a is talking to AHP - (download timers and make sure there are no errors).  Are you sure the LM-465 is set to the same HC/UC as you set the module in AHP?

Thanks for the reply.  I'm past that point.  The timers and manual control from AHP work fine.  It's the same as was previously reported.  When I use my palmpad for instance the activity monitor shows that the RF signal was received but the CM15A does not transmit via the powerline.  I tried the suggestions regarding the Hardware Configuration.  I can't get any of the House Codes to appear in the Auto mode.  I can get my "G" housecode to stay when not in Auto.  At this point I would be happy to just be able to use the CM15A just as an RF to Powerline transceiver.  Again; any help would be appreciated,

Sam

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 06:57:38 AM »

What device (module #) are you trying to control?
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

SDUB

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 01:06:31 PM »

Hi.

I received my first X10 products yesterday and I have the same problems.  I programmed macros to be triggered by remotes and if I trigger the macros from the PC they work but not from the remote.  I tried making a macro to turn all units off in a specific housecode and guess what. It's working!!! So the all off command goes through but not for one or more specific modules...  I don't understand what I could have done wrong. Oh, I forgot to mention, all my programmed macros are working if I trigger them with a Maxi Controller...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 01:14:43 PM by SDUB »

Boiler

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 01:41:59 PM »

Hi.

I received my first X10 products yesterday and I have the same problems.  I programmed macros to be triggered by remotes and if I trigger the macros from the PC they work but not from the remote.  I tried making a macro to turn all units off in a specific housecode and guess what. It's working!!! So the all off command goes through but not for one or more specific modules...  I don't understand what I could have done wrong. Oh, I forgot to mention, all my programmed macros are working if I trigger them with a Maxi Controller...

SDUB,

Welcome to the forum.

Don't worry, you're not doing anything "wrong".  You've been caught by a combination of ActiveHomePro settings and "new module" features.

You didn't mention which modules you were trying to activate.  I'm making the rash assumption that they are WS467 wall dimmers (or similar wall dimmer modules). 

Since you've just started your journey into X10, I'm also assuming that you have "new" modules that include the "soft start feature".  These modules have many additional new features and ActiveHomePro has not yet been updated to properly interface with them.

There are a couple of things to check/change in order to make AHP work properly with these units:

1) Please check under the menu item "Tools/Preferences/Macro Options" and make sure that the "on in place of bright 100%" box is checked.  Download to the interface after checking this box.

2) In order to properly interface to the new "soft start units", re-identify them as LM14a 2-way lamp modules.

The root problem here is that the WS467 modules will not activate after receiving a "bright or dim" command.  With the "on in place of bright 100%" box unchecked AHP will send a series of bright commands to achieve 100% brightness at the unit.  Unfortunately, the newer wall switches will ignore this.

When you changed the macro to turn on all the units in the room, you "forced" AHP to use simple On/Off commands - and things worked.  Bottom line - the two changes above should rectify your problems.

If you would like additional info on the "new unit" features, Charles Sullivan has provided a writeup here : New WS467 and LM465

Happy automating,
Boiler
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 05:25:55 PM by Boiler »
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.