Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: x10nets.exe?  (Read 17244 times)

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Re: x10nets.exe?
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2007, 05:24:12 PM »

Thanks x10 pro, I think I will leave this
service as manual startup, since I dont need
my PC to run the macros.

OK, how does one do this?    ???

I checked my Startup directory, and it isn't there.  I also checked the "run" section in my Registry, and it isn't there.

How do I stop X10nets from automatically starting each time I boot, but still keep it available for manual start/stop with AHP?
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2007, 05:35:54 PM »

You can attempt to delete it, but it may not be able to to be deleted.  Windows will probably refuse saying "this is running and can't be deleted".

My guess ia if you can, no timers or macros will run.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Rocket J Squirrel

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2007, 06:00:26 PM »

OK, how does one do this?    ???

I checked my Startup directory, and it isn't there.  I also checked the "run" section in my Registry, and it isn't there.

How do I stop X10nets from automatically starting each time I boot, but still keep it available for manual start/stop with AHP?
It's a Service, visible from Administrative Tools -> Services way at the bottom, alphabetically, of the Services list. You should be able to change it from Automatic to Manual startup.

But having been one of the original complainers about this, I now find it's less of a problem. x10nets.exe still runs with Realtime priority, but it doesn't seem to consume CPU the way it used to. Perhaps something changed in one of the software updates. It doesn't bother me any more to just let it run automatically with Realtime priority because it doesn't appear to do anything.

waterstom

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 05:36:06 PM »

I was having a problem with a re-install on a new (old) laptop, got my cm15a working, could not get my va11a working, so wanted a TOTAL uninstall and reinstall.  I could NOT get the x10nets components to delete even.  I finally just renamed the extension (pick anything random, mine were expletives because I had waisted much time) and then reboot, and you can delete them.  Then continue on with your life.

This same trick should work if you just want to disable them... rename, reboot, poof, done.

RedIron

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2007, 01:06:58 AM »

I also checked after reading this post and my x10nets.exe is also running realtime priority, and as other have experienced, I can't change the priority to normal. I would be tempted to think this may have something to do with the instability of my system.

Running processes as realtime on windows xp SP2 as far as I know can cause extreme instability, especially if a) they are not designed for it i/e processes and their spawned threads and b) if the machine is not dedicated to a specific task.

I haven't programmed professionally with windows for 5-6 years but I do like to keep up and I'm quite sure about the above.

Anyone else have x10nets.exe at real time? How is your system stability\speed.

Cheers
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.