Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flags in AHP  (Read 5238 times)

TommyHo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Flags in AHP
« on: March 17, 2006, 01:40:25 PM »

Anyone know how the flags are supposed to work? 

I have a motion sensor setting flag 13, which I use as a condition in a macro.  From AHP I clicked FILE/REPORTS/STATUS and saw flags 1,13,15 and 16 all set.
Could not find a way to clear them, so I cleared the interface memory and downloaded timers and macros.  Then only flags 15 and 16 were set.  Motion
sensor does set flag 13, but flag 1 keeps showing up as set as well.

I have checked all my macros and the only flag I am using is flag 13.  Anyone have a clue?

Mystyx

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • eye see you
Re: Flags in AHP
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 12:47:21 AM »

Id also like some great info on flags and the wide range of commands you can achieve with this...
Its pretty unlimited I hear trigger, check ect? some details of examples would be awsome.

If I find time I will start playing with them, but one step at a time. Id like AHP working before complexity.

Heres a link on some basics for setup... How to use flags & Single trigger to do different actions... both from searching "flags" but not much details :)
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 01:32:16 PM »

TommyHo : Here is the trick to clearing flags, since they're set and cleared with macros you make can make a Phantom module then use it's address in a macro which clears the flag you wish. pic shows some of the Phantom modules I created which are used to set/clear flags the only thing in the macro is the set or clear of the flag. ;)

There use to be a problem with flags 1,15 & 16  and It appears is still there depending on which version of windows, CM15A or AHP your running.
It's best to stay a way from those 3 flags as 1 was set when AHP starts 15&16 was used for dusk dawn setings.
 ;) :)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

TommyHo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 08:09:59 PM »

Tuicemen:

thanks for the "heads up" on flags 1, 15 and 16.  Makes sense. 

What I was trying to achieve was this:  ring a chime module if someone approached the house, but only if daughter was in her home office in the basement.  I was using 2 Eagle Eye motion sensors, both set to G5, one by the front door and one over the garage door (where the mail slot is located).  Chime worked OK but drove us crazy when the
grandkids were playing outside, so I addes a motion sensor in the basement to turn on a flag, then created a macro that would only sound the chime if the flag was set.

While debugging this, I noticed the other flags that seemed to be set for no reason so I posed the original question about flag operation.  Your statements make a lot of sense,
and it will be very easy to avoid those flag numbers.

Thanks for the help!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.