Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: FIND OTHER COMPUTERS  (Read 6183 times)

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
FIND OTHER COMPUTERS
« on: April 27, 2006, 07:02:16 AM »

I just moved into a new house a few weeks ago and have noticed something curious when viewing “find other computers”. Several of the house codes are completely yellow. I also see a few that are red. I have only two motion sensors and a few lamp modules set up at this time and none are on the affected house codes. The nearest house to me is probably a couple hundred feet away so don’t think it is coming from there. Any one have any ideas on what could be causing this if it is not one of the neighbors?

I would also appreciate any input on phase couplers or coupler/repeaters. If you have used these devices what one would you recommend? In my old house I just used a capacitor across the 220 line and that worked fine. Should I expect to see much better performance with the couplers?
_ _ ... ..._ _

TomS

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: FIND OTHER COMPUTERS
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 08:54:41 AM »

I had a similar situation in the find other computers. It turned out to be noise coming from the various computers and UPS systems I have around my house. I installed noise filters on my computers and my entertainment center. I have not had any issues since.

I also installed a hardwired phase coupler. I tried the HCA02 coupler/repeater and it would lockup my AHP interface so I would not recommend using it. The plain coupler has done well for me.

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 09:36:00 AM »

I would also appreciate any input on phase couplers or coupler/repeaters. If you have used these devices what one would you recommend? In my old house I just used a capacitor across the 220 line and that worked fine. Should I expect to see much better performance with the couplers?

Check out a tutorial I wrote on Phase Coupling.  It discusses the pros and cons of using a capacitor, a passive coupler and a coupler/repeater.  If after reading it you still have questions, feel free to ask them here.

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 12:29:27 PM »

TomS and Roger 1818,

Thanks for the responses. It would appear that I need to get some noise filtering and a wired phase coupler. Roger1818 that was a very interesting tutorial with very usefull links.
_ _ ... ..._ _

Chris S.

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 01:29:11 PM »

The problem that I have with "FIND OTHER COMPUTERS" is I was using HC A and B for all modules.
"FIND OTHER COMPUTERS" would display yellow and red boxes on Unit Codes that I was not using.

I changed all modules on HC A to HC E, and still get the yellow or red boxes on
those Unit Codes that I am not using ion HC E.

Does this sound like a situation for filters ?

Can anyone recommend specific filters that they use ?

Thanks

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 01:31:05 PM »

You can clear the History to update the display in Find Other Computers. If you don't, AHP will continue to use old data.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.