Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Not Connecting  (Read 19515 times)

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Not Connecting
« on: December 22, 2005, 06:58:04 PM »

Waiting for a call back, not able to connect
but when I run the connection test it passed
on both port 80 and 8001.  When I start the
connection I get a browsers window open with
the URL res://AHP.DLL/203  with errors
cannot connect to server.  Has anyone else
seen this?

mike

Re: Not Connecting
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 03:21:08 PM »

Connect this morning for about an hour and
back to:
0 12:18:12.593 Start Connection...
1 12:18:33.531 Connecting to MyHouse
Service..
2 12:18:33.531 Cannot Connect to MyHouse
Service
3 12:18:33.531 Verify MyHouse Plugin-in
Registration
4 12:18:33.546 Disconnected from MyHouse
Service

mike

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 03:39:53 PM »

I think I found the problem...It is the
Microsoft Antispyware program.  I disabled
it and connected.  Once connected I enabled
it and received a warning of the
x10Testnet.dll program and the ActiveX
control trying the access my system.

X10inGA

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 08:35:55 AM »

I have a somewhat similar issue, though I didn't actually have any problems with ActiveHome MyHouse Online connecting.  It connects fine.

My problem is that everytime I launch Internet Explorer 7 or any 'favorite', it opens two tabs, the page I was going to and another page for "res://AHP.DLL/203" even if Active Home or MyHouse were not running.

The res://AHP.DLL/203 that launches automatically (I did not launch it and AHP is not running) goes to "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

I suspect this is a bug with MyHouse Online and Internet Explorer 7.0.  It doestn't really seem to keep anything from working, but it's a bit annoying that two tabs always seem to open when you only wanted to go to a web page and did not want or need anything ActiveHome or MyHouse Online running at the time. 

Is anyone else having this same problem?

andyd

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 08:40:10 AM »

I have the same problem with not being able to connect on my desktop and notebook computers,  I contacted X-10 support by phone, they don't seem to answer on-line support requests, and was provided a link to install the "my house" plug-in.  I reinstalled that and still got the same result. (verify registration)

I only see the explorer page attempt connection to that URL when using my desk top, not the lap top. Both are running Windows XP home.

How exactly is the windows spyware software enable/disabled.  I'd like to try that fix.

thanks

Andy

raj_amin

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 02:24:56 PM »

I an new to x10 - I just bought 4 flood cams with AHP suite. 2 flood cams are installed and are working fine - the other two are being tested in house prior to installation - seems to be working fine - I had seen lots of negative reviews on flood cams and x10 stuff in general but most seem to be  old and outdated - so I think x10 must have listened to customer feedback and fixed the bugs.. :)

I still have two issues with AHP - dealing with remote log in....

1.  Thanks to this forum and links - I learned some tricks and  i was able to change the my router setting to enable remote logging from internet from home- using my laptop  was able to log in to my mother computer (one with with AHP and the stuff) but the live video transmission was very very slow - perhaps due to wireless / dsl limitations? any suggestion to improve video transmissions will be appreciated.

2.  From my work computer (behind a corporate fire wall) i am able  connect to the myhouse service at x10 - but then can't connect to my AHP on my home computer. Since I am  using computer at work which has windows firewall disabled by corporate IT - I can't fool with any ports etc. Does anyone else have similar problems? any solutions / suggestions ?

I just bought the AHP with 4 flood cams and was hoping to be able to monitor my home from work...... so far success.

ftballtw

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 02:41:22 PM »

I was able to connect to MyHouse online and it seems pretty reliable.   I was really frustrated, but when I saw the troubleshooting links in Puck's post,  I opened my firewall and added a port twice. One for 80 and one for 443  and I did that on both computers and that did it.  It opened right up, and I can view my camera's remotely!  Awesome!  Hope this helps someone.

zach1234

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2007, 08:03:27 PM »

My house is intermittent.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.