Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Interference Between X10 & non-X10 2.4gHz Wireless Equipment...  (Read 49413 times)

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: Interference Between X10 & non-X10 2.4gHz Wireless Equipment...
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 11:10:19 PM »

What you will find is that many Transmit in 5.8Ghz and Receive in 2.4Ghz (or visa-versa), while still calling themselves a 5.g Ghz Cordless Phone. The "Wireless Network Friendly" units will all transmit and receive on 5.8Ghz.
Panasonic was one of the worst offenders in the 5.8 one way and 2.4 the other. Consequently when they corrected their ways, they added the "Wireless Network Friendly" to their boxes. Uniden, at least in their higher end phones, has never used both 2.4 and 5.8 in a phone. I have yet to see their boxes say "Wireless Network Friendly" in spite of the fact that they've been making a better 5.8 phone longer than Panasonic that has always been WiFi friendly.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2006, 11:58:47 PM »

I use wired and wireless cameras, remote video senders/receives, several different remote phones, and I am using my WiFi now. I did have to change the setting on the WiFi, as when I picked-up the (one certain) phone I would lose my network connection.

When getting between the the camera and video receiver with (that one certain) phone the camera image on the TV will distort.

The microwave [oven] will REALLY distort the camera image.

But other than this I am really content with the amount of bandwidth available with 2.4. However, I am careful NOT to stretch the distance for reception of the video devices.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

jerry lester

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 10:30:51 PM »

I had no trouble before I installed the Router.  I will try and figure how to change the Router channels.  All four positions on the receiver gives me the same result.  As soon as I turn off Router the lines vanish.
Thanks everyone

Vandalized Victim

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2007, 03:20:05 PM »

Did anyone try this product from D-Link called PowerLine HD Ethernet Starter Kit DHP-301 from this link http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=533&sec=0

It might replace the wireless router but don't know will it kill X10 signals over the power line.

VV

EL34

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • My X-10 projects
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2007, 12:48:55 PM »

Micowave ovens totally blasted my wireless cameras also.
I went to 5.8ghz phones but still had wierd problems once in a while.
Passing vehicles would trash the video signals once in a while, never figured that one out.

I gave up on wireless cams and hard wired all of mine.
I have rock solid pictures now and better picture quality.

I use security camera software and so the picture has to be solid.
The software detects pixel motion in a camera frame and then triggers an alarm if motion is detected.

Once in a while, I set up a temporary camera on wireless but that's only a temp situation.

Just my .02 on wireless cameras.
W10 - CM15A - AHP 3.301 - i Witness - MyHouse online - Smart Macros - SDK using Visual Basic express 2008
My X10 page-> http://www.el34world.com/Misc/home/X10_0.htm
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.