Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I messed up my DSL router!  (Read 4721 times)

ellada

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
I messed up my DSL router!
« on: May 14, 2007, 09:27:18 AM »

Recently purchased an Xcam2 w/video receiver (No audio) system and I think I messed up my DSL router (no signal) playing with the house code/unit code. Is that possible? And if it is how I can fix it? (No good reception either)

Thank you for your response in advance!

The new foreign kid in the block!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: I messed up my DSL router!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 04:21:51 PM »

Is it a wireless type; using the 2.4 Ghz band?
Describe in more details what you did.
If you turn off the camera does the router now work?
A wired type should have no interaction with a camera.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 07:53:31 PM »

Though wireless phones, wirless broadband Internet, wireless speakers AND X10 wireless video and cameras all use the 2.4 Ghz .... there is a lot of bandwidth there.

Netguy provided a chart at another post here at the forum you may find helpful (this is link).
Home Automation is an always changing technology

ellada

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 08:40:08 AM »

It is a wireless type using the 2.4 Ghz band. When I turned the camera off the router did not work properly. The router signal is coming on and off. I have to restart the system in order to get some signal, and after a while I am going back to the same citation. I think I messed up the router or the PC.      still I am not getting good camera reception (Waves/Mixed up colors) no matter where I am turning both antennas t or switching between A to D / unplugged all 2/4 Ghz equipment, phones, etc.

Thank u for your response and  help!!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 06:37:18 PM »

It is a wireless type using the 2.4 Ghz band. When I turned the camera off the router did not work properly. The router signal is coming on and off. I have to restart the system in order to get some signal, and after a while I am going back to the same citation. I think I messed up the router or the PC.   

The router may (or may not) be near the end of it's life... but the cameras didn't cause that.

Just like an AM radio can receive two radio stations (when the stations frequency's are too close together) they can interfere with each other. Where-as that can make it impossible to receive ether station clearly...... it will not harm the radio.... nor the radio stations transmitter.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

ellada

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 08:25:53 AM »

Thank u Dave

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.