Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: xcam2 install HELP!  (Read 3265 times)

jbird951

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
xcam2 install HELP!
« on: February 25, 2006, 03:40:46 PM »

I know something like this has been posted, but I couldn't manage to read threw 23 pages.  Setting up a xcam2 wireless setup for somebody.  The office is small'ish, 2 cams.  I've tried setting up on 3 pc's to rule out a pc problem (2000/2000 server/xp home)  I have called x10's joke of a tech support department 5 times with no luck.  I have the cameras set as a1/a2, I've tried all 4 freq's.  I can't get Vanguard to view both cams,  On occasion I can get it to switch from cam 1 to cam 2, but then I can't get it to switch back to cam 1 unless I unplug cam 2.  I have tried everything I can think up. Yesterday, it was so bad just moving the reciever a foot up or down would make it switch cameras, even tho they're using completely different unit numbers. X10 support said it was probably a bad power supply. so I swapped it out with 2 different ones to rule that out.

help :(

Sonic

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: xcam2 install HELP!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 07:05:32 PM »

Not an expert here, but I have some experience w/floodcams (wireless video input to iwitness from within AHP).  The wireless transmitters on the camera and wireless video receiver have VERY directional antennas, that are labelled something like "point this side in the direction of...".  The other "gotcha" is that they share bandwidth with 802.11x wireless ethernet products in the 2.4Ghz range (and phones and ...)  Maybe a couple things to check...Are you running a wireless ethernet computer network? If so, try turning off the radio for a bit. Can you hookup just one cam with transmitter and receivers pointing directly @each other.  Hope this helps.
If it ain't broke it doesn't have enough features yet.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.