Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need a bit of help on alarm delay setting  (Read 3961 times)

Ski

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Need a bit of help on alarm delay setting
« on: July 29, 2009, 12:43:28 PM »

Need a bit of help on alarm delay setting.

I have a PS561 voice dialer console and the PSR01 security/home automation remote control. The remote has an “ARM AWAY” and “ARM HOME” button and a slider for MAX and Min.

When I set the slider to MAX, and select “ARM AWAY” I get one min (with beeps every few seconds) to exit the house. When I set the slider to MIN, and select “ARM AWAY” the system is armed at once. NO PROBLEM THERE!  ;D

???  Now when I set the slider to MAX, and select “ARM HOME” I get one min (with beeps every few seconds). BUT, when I set the slider to MIN, and select “ARM HOME” the system STILL BEEPS and takes one min to arm!

If I am home, and I select “ARM HOME” I want the system to arm at once. How do I fix this?? I do not have the computer software package.

THANKS for ANY help or ideas!!

Ski

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: Need a bit of help on alarm delay setting
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 01:03:24 PM »

Sounds like a bad security remote..........do you have another to check this out?  If not, check the slider switch operation several times and try reinstalling the remote.  My best guess !

paizano1

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
Re: Need a bit of help on alarm delay setting
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 11:14:36 PM »

was just thinking about you problem, it could be a problem with the unit or possibly one of your door sensors or motion sensor is tripped when you are arming it. I was concerned as to what types of beeps you are getting if a dual tone ( high/low ) usually means sensor trouble.  otherwise the delay beep is the same tone only single ( high, pause high, pause ect. ).

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.