Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: User-Submitted Work-Arounds [Updated: 2007/06/15]  (Read 19039 times)

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
User-Submitted Work-Arounds [Updated: 2007/06/15]
« on: April 08, 2007, 01:29:14 PM »

Our X10 Community Members have been coming up with Work-Arounds since X10 first came on the scene. But, IME, they post them, we read them, and eventually they're forgotten. Well, KDR did such a GREAT JOB with his latest effort that I decided to create this thread so that even next year's Newbies can learn from our experiences.

I know that there are many other Work-Arounds in the Archives - I remember reading then myself, once-upon-a-time... But, I'm only one person. PLEASE help me out by replying to this thread with others as YOU discover them.

Thanks! :)

« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 09:09:39 PM by TakeTheActive »
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
Re: User-Submitted Work-Arounds [Updated: 2007/06/15]
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 09:16:05 PM »

[Updated: 2007/06/15]  (Read 670 times)

Automated way to announce to thread subscribers that there was an update - DUH!  :-[
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 09:37:20 PM by TakeTheActive »

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
Re: User-Submitted Work-Arounds [Updated: 2007/06/15]
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 09:36:24 PM »

When it comes to RANTING about X10, the Members here are TOPS!

When it comes to VOLUNTEERING to HELP a fellow Member...

8280 Members: 2 Posts
>:(

pllamonica

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Phase issue keeping modules from working
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 10:51:40 AM »

I had an issue with some modules not working and the X10 people suggested that "it is possible that the module in question and your controller are on opposite phases of your house wiring." and to have some electrical work done to correct the problem or to move the transmitter to another outlet.  The electric work would be costly and if I move to another outlet would I not be killing the working modules in favor of the non-working ones?

Anyway, I decided that since the RF remote control worked all the modules just fine and I have a few RF modules I would try send RF to turn on the lights.  That works just fine, except there is an On and an Off macro for each.  I assigned each a unused address (all 'on' macros are M and 'off' are L) with the # the same as the unit I was controlling.  That has no function other than to keep the macros straight so I can tell which goes where.

Now if I could only understand why the Motion Sensor->Macro->Chime waits 60 seconds to chime I will be a happy camper.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.