Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AUTO DIM  (Read 10019 times)

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
AUTO DIM
« on: June 21, 2006, 06:50:03 AM »

It would be nice to have an auto dim function. What I am thinking is a function that would take a lamp module from full on and then start dimming to off  over a user specified period of time. I know this can be done with macros but it would be nice to have a single function that would do this.
_ _ ...  ..._ _

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
Re: AUTO DIM
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 05:37:13 PM »

It would be nice to have an auto dim function. What I am thinking is a function that would take a lamp module from full on and then start dimming to off  over a user specified period of time. I know this can be done with macros but it would be nice to have a single function that would do this.

A better option is to use a SmartHome brand module.  The fade rate can be pre-programmed within the module so that one on or off command will cause the module to fade on or off at the desired rate.  Since the module is doing the fading, it is very smooth without any pauses.

The PLC level of modules can have the fade rate of up to 9 seconds and the Plus, 2-way and Insteon modules can have a fade rate of up to 9 minutes.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.