Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Univ. Module triggered on even though the conditions tell it not to?  (Read 3554 times)

MichOT87

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Hi all-

I currently have the X10 Active Home Professional installed in my home and am having a problem with my UM7206 module for appliances going off when I don't tell it to.
I have my macro set up so the Univ. appliance module only goes off between a certain time in the morning if a motion sensor (MS13E) is triggered, and at night when the timer that I set is triggered. During the day I don't want it to go off, but when I manually flip the light switch in my room the UM7206 module goes off. I have conditions set up so it should not be triggered between the hours of 8am-8pm, but it is still being triggered. I've tried different outlets and rooms (even another house) and it still occurs when the lights are flipped on.

It's very important that this module stays off during the day, it is being used for medical purposes but is not reliable with this issue.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks

B:(

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Univ. Module triggered on even though the conditions tell it not to?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 07:31:45 AM »

The UM7206 is a European Module. Not sure if they act exactly like our US model but can you give more details on the macro.
Motion Sensors model and address being used would also help.

IMHO. I would not trust any Automation Devices X10 or others. For a medical or critical need control.

MichOT87

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 11:36:27 AM »

The macro used in the morning for the sensor is set it to A1 (the sensor 'MS13E' is automatically set to A1 as well) and the trigger to the macro is set to on. The condition it set that the macro will only run if the time is between 3:30am-8:30am. If the macro runs, the UM7206(A2) turns on for 10seconds and then turns off. SO...if the sensor detects movement between the 3:30-8:30am then the module will turn on.

The next macro is B5 and it's just set on the timer to run at 8pm for 10 seconds and then turn off. I think this one is working without problem.

It all works great except if I manually turn my lamp off or flip the light switch at any time during the day, then it goes off and runs the macro.
I understand your concern about the reliability for using X10 for medical purposes but there really is nothing else out there that allows me to set up sensors and timers and be able to easily change the times. It's not as if the individual is completely dependent on it or that it will cause serious harm if triggered during the day. I just cannot use it if this continues to occur and the individual will have to pay for a nurse to come to their home.

I hope this extra information helps...any suggestions would be great  :)%

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 01:24:33 PM »

Have you changed any of the MS13E settings? By default it sends an off after one minute of no motion day and night. It also sends an On and Off at Dusk and Dawn on A2 [Motion+1 Unit Code]. So if you have not turned off the Dusk Dawn Sensor on A2. The Universal Modules is going to go on at dusk and off at dawn. Also if your light is shining on the sensor. It will turn the Universal Module off. Thinking it is dawn.

Many have found having a macro triggered by the same address a module is set to. Along with the same address on a motion detector; can be a problem. Also many forget the Motion Address +1 Unit code for Dusk Dawn.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 02:14:25 PM by Brian H »

MichOT87

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 02:52:28 PM »

Sorry, I don't understand what " It also sends an On and Off at Dusk and Dawn on A2 [Motion+1 Unit Code]" means?
I don't see where I can turn off a Dusk Dawn sensor on A2. Is having my Universal Module set to A2 a problem then..

The light doesn't shine directly on the sensor, but I'm sure it still picks up the light from it..and maybe thinks it's dawn.

Also, having the macro and module at the same address was the only way I could get it to work. I have two conditons already so I cannot set the sensor as a condition and I don't see another way for the macro to be triggered by the sensor without having them on the same code.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 03:19:19 PM »

......I have two conditons already so I cannot set the sensor as a condition and I don't see another way for the macro to be triggered by the sensor without having them on the same code.

I think one of the common errors with macros... is trying to get one macro to do too much. Breaking the actions down into two or three separate macros... and maybe making sure to use flags or a monitored code might be useful.

I have a complete dusk/dawn macro that sets a monitored fake/ghost module... that I then can use in other macros.

Another method you might try... is use the dusk feature to trigger the night condition... but use a timer.. to active the dawn. Or... the other way around.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 04:14:32 PM »

It means that it will send an A2 On at Dusk and an A2 Off at Dawn. If the Motion Address is A1.

I believe the MS13E Manual in the Changing Night/Day settings area covers this and how to set the motion to all the time or only when dark. Also how to disable the Dusk Dawn Sensor.

http://www.marmitek.com/en/manual/9053.pdf

MichOT87

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 12:49:24 AM »

Thanks so much you guys...I took your advice and changed the address of the sensor and I think the Dusk Dawn feature is now off as well (I hope). It's been a day so far with no mistakes, hopefully it keeps working now!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 06:45:16 AM »

Thanks for the update.
Sounds promising with the first day results.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.