Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Address for “all lights off" - HELP!  (Read 3757 times)

JJtech

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Address for “all lights off" - HELP!
« on: March 31, 2009, 10:00:03 PM »

Does anyone know what address is issued for the “all lights off" command from a plug in controller?

I need to trigger a macro via this address.

Thanks

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
Re: Address for “all lights off" - HELP!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 10:03:03 PM »

Sorry, can't be done.
That's why I pestered both the creator of BVC and PC Companion to do this with their software.  Try a search on X10SW or BVC.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

JJtech

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 10:42:15 PM »

I am new to this, what are "BVC and PC Companion?" 

>>>  Try a search on X10SW or BVC

Are you saying to post this question on this site in two different categories?

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 06:45:37 AM »

The All Lights Off; All Units Off and All Lights On commands are sent to the House Code in question and then the command. With No Unit code. Not sure if AHP can do it and I see some third party programs can do what you are looking for.

JJtech

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 11:19:25 AM »

Thanks Brian.  Do you remember where those programs are?  X10 wants me to use one of the unit numbers 1-8 but that seems like a Micky mouse approach and I need all of those plus more.  On top of that, it would leave the all lights off button useless.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 01:01:40 PM »

Do you remember where those programs are?

Knightrider had already provide you with the links.

Since you posted in the Active Home Pro section, I take it you have a CM15A? The third party software mentioned does require it.

X10 wants me to use one of the unit numbers 1-8...

Can you add more details to this statement? "All Lights Off" works for a house code and has no Unit Code associated with it.

On top of that, it would leave the all lights off button useless.

As Brian H stated, the "All Lights Off" button on your plug in controller only works for the House Code the controller is set to. I don't see how any light modules set to that same House Code would render this button useless?

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 12:19:51 AM »

Just to chime in on this again, I use an All Units Off command from House Code "A" to turn off Lights on House Code "K" using third party software.  I also have the All Units Off command on House Code "A" turn off the monitor on my computer (windows command, not an appliance module) with BVC.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

JJtech

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 08:02:01 PM »

Thanks to all for your help!

Just to give some more details that will hopefully answer some questions and make things more clear...

I am "short-circuiting" the need for a phase coupler on the panel by sending the appropriate commands via RF from the CM15a to the TM751 (set to house code B).  I am controlling certain devices on that other circuit (B) from various controllers on house code K via macros that are triggered from unit codes 1-8 (in most cases) on house code K.

At the end of the night, I wanted to turn all units off via this method described above but using the "all units/lights off" button on the plug in controllers and not waste the precious 1-8 buttons which is what X10 suggested doing.

I have taken Nightriders suggestion and looked at that software - THANKS!  I just need to get a little more situated with AHP before I add another “module.”  I am having enough problems (AHP not working with Windows Media Center!%$##*@&@, simple macros not working, etc.) before I add more software to the pile.

Not sure if this is the right place but let me throw it out there while I have your ear.  Anyone know of a work-around to the Windows Media Center (Vista) problem?

Second question in this immediate area.  I cannot for the life of me get a LM465 to dim via this architectural approach described above.  The whole macro is one RF dim command to unit 9 on house B.  I have varied the unit and house code, different circuits, different commands etc. with no luck.  Most of the time, the light dims to OFF even when saying brighten to 96%.

Any suggestions? 

I will post this with a more appropriate heading but I thought I would ask you “guys” as well.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.