Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Want to share your X10 story?  (Read 61398 times)

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Want to share your X10 story?
« on: February 23, 2006, 03:21:24 PM »

If you have a story about your X10 set-up you'd like to share, we'd like to hear from you. The X10 Zone is looking for stories and articles about X10 products and how you use them. If you want to write something to appear on our community site, let us know. You can e-mail me or post a message on the forum.

rizrash

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Want to share your X10 story?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 01:01:34 AM »

Ok here is my story..

I bought XC10 Cams. When I put them with TV they worked great I got satisfied but as an IT guy I love to take full advantage of IT but when I put this X10 cam with Computer system only one cam worked and it didn't switched automatically I read all info over here and came to know that I am missing Appliance Module and Com Port also the software really works good only with Ms Windows98  they say that it will work with Ms Windows 2000 and XP but it don't .. Any way now i came here to buy Com port and Appliance Model and look what i have to pay same price which i paid to buy these cams why don't you make some better package and tell ppl that don't buy our **** we are fraud. so now i am screwed

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 07:36:16 PM »

Ok here is my story..

I bought XC10 Cams. When I put them with TV they worked great I got satisfied but as an IT guy I love to take full advantage of IT but when I put this X10 cam with Computer system only one cam worked and it didn't switched automatically I read all info over here and came to know that I am missing Appliance Module and Com Port also the software really works good only with Ms Windows98  they say that it will work with Ms Windows 2000 and XP but it don't .. Any way now i came here to buy Com port and Appliance Model and look what i have to pay same price which i paid to buy these cams why don't you make some better package and tell ppl that don't buy our **** we are fraud. so now i am screwed

I just looked over your earlier posts.  Other than that you have three XC10A cameras, you haven't provided enough information for anyone to analyze what your problem may be.   Describe the X10 hardware and software you have and how you have it configured.  Perhaps then someone can help you.

I have no idea how an Appliance Module and a Com Port fit into your situation.
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

ldamico

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 04:08:57 PM »

Here is my problem -
I bought the X10 cameras and the VCR commander, extra motion sensors, etc. First I was sent an incorrect A/C adapter for my transceiver and had to wait for a new one. Then I get everthing programmed and the last step was to program the VCR Commander and it wouldn't program. I called they said they would send me a new one then I receive an email with a packing slip attached. I wait a week and call customer service to find out where my new part is and they won't send me a new one until I (at my expense!) ship the other one back. So I have a money back guarantee for 30 days, I'm not so sure I will have mine set up in 30 days. No one told me I had to ship the other one back before I got my new one. I've never heard of such a thing, usually u get the new one and return the defective one in the box the new one came in. Also the company provides a shipping label that they have provided to cover the shipping cost. What a joke. Should have bought at a local retailer!

Ok here is my story..

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 04:18:26 PM »

ldamico : The VCR Commander is notorious for first time users having problems to get the programming correct. The VCR Commander may not be bad, so you might want to try following the instructions here on the Knowledge Base; others have found it easier to understand.

VCR Commander - X10Wiki

Good Luck.

zach1234

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 11:01:42 PM »

VCR commander needs a NEW antena.

Jimmer

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 02:35:45 PM »

VCR commander needs a NEW antena.
VCRs are a little out of date these days.  How about DVR?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 03:24:57 PM »

The name is somewhat deceiving.... They can be used to trigger a recording on any device that has an IR remote; like many PC capture cards.

Jimmer

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 03:26:21 PM »

The name is somewhat deceiving.... They can be used to trigger a recording on any device that has an IR remote; like many PC capture cards.

Cool, I'm learning a lot around here.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.