Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: USB to video don't work  (Read 8538 times)

Technologyman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
USB to video don't work
« on: February 25, 2006, 11:23:28 AM »

I see quite a bit of problems listed in this forum going back to June of last year about this same problem. Video from my wireless cam works fine when I use XRay vision. As sson as I run AHP, no matter what I do it wont show the video. Obviously the driver is installed if it works through Xray. So something is wrong in the Iwitness module that prevents the video from displaying. This was the 99.9% reason I wanted the Iwitness module. It's no problem for the X10 support team to say we know about the problem and we are working on it. But to say nothing and to have countless customers posting these same problems and not reponding to the issues is POOR customer support. Just step up to the plate and say, YES, there is a problem and we are diligently working on it. And don't push the sale of the product until it works 100%   >:(

Sonic

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: USB to video don't work
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 06:13:18 PM »

I'm not familiar with xray, but i'm guessing your using va11a usb to rca video adapter.  Seems this is a serial device - ie only one connection allowed at a time.  I've got one wired cam going into the va11a usb adapter, ahp, and simplecam (http://www.deadpirate.com/).  If I have ahp running, simplecam won't show the video from my camera.  If I shut down ahp and run simplecam I can view the camera from within simplecam.  If I now restart ahp, no video shows - only that blue screen where video should be.  So I guess what I'm saying is to make sure you're not trying to run both programs to grab video, as the first one will be the only one to show video.
If it ain't broke it doesn't have enough features yet.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 07:08:59 PM »

Technologyman:
I had the same problem when I was beta testing this. If my memory serves me ::) you'll have reload the driver the and specify it to use the driver in C:\Program Files\Common Files\X10\DriverInstall\VA11A Video Capture
It's been a while maybe someone who has done this resently  can correct me if I'm wrong! ???
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Mystyx

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • eye see you
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 12:44:09 AM »

Yes, you cant use more then one VA11A at the same time, but you can add a 2nd reciever to the single VA11A.

Did you have AHP before purchasing iWitness addon? Did you make sure you entered the new Product registration code for the iWitness software module? Goto Help / Product Registration and see if it says its registered.

Seems to work ok (even with ATI compatibility problem) without the Xray vision software installed, maybe try taking that off your PC and see if that helps.
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.