Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Couple of things ;)  (Read 4912 times)

Sonic

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Couple of things ;)
« on: February 25, 2006, 06:36:57 PM »

right click on video --> preferences brings up smart macros tab.
Preferences --> general video --> Overlay timestamp in video:  time doesn't match system timezone nor is there anyway to adjust it.  Looks like you get UCT/GMT only.
timestamp doesn't record on video
If it ain't broke it doesn't have enough features yet.

Mystyx

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • eye see you
Re: Couple of things ;)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 09:00:43 PM »

Right clicking the video screen and selecting preferences brings up the preferences for the complete AHP software which includes the video options, But yes I see it sends you too the macro tab instead of video settings tab.

Overlap timestamp is a known problem I believe and will eventually be fixed after any Core software problems are all clear.
It seemed to set the HOUR digits to count from 00:00 from the time of installation, while the minutes and seconds are correct.
I would wonder if you Installed AHP at 00:00 (midnight) if the hour digits would display correctly. If Not then it could be displaying a different time zone then what is chosen in the interface.
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

Sonic

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 01:04:25 AM »

<snip>It seemed to set the HOUR digits to count from 00:00 from the time of installation, while the minutes and seconds are correct.
I would wonder if you Installed AHP at 00:00 (midnight) if the hour digits would display correctly. If Not then it could be displaying a different time zone then what is chosen in the interface.
I'll check another system tomorrow, but it looks like my overlay date/time IS GMT.  Right now @10pm pacific standard time (GMT -8 hours) the video is showing 06 hours tomorrow morning.  Another twilight zone / weird coincidence moment?   :o

Mystyx

• eye see you
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 01:18:27 AM »

My current time stamp shows 06:21 (6am) and my time (in AHP) shows 10:21pm (22:21) pacific standard time.
general time would be -8 hours doesnt add up? Im no timezone expert. LOL maybe im going the wrong way DOH
makes sense that its just not set to time zones chosen and instead goes to a defualt general time settings.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 01:22:29 AM by Mystyx »

Sonic

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 01:02:42 PM »

My current time stamp shows 06:21 (6am) and my time (in AHP) shows 10:21pm (22:21) pacific standard time.
general time would be -8 hours doesnt add up? Im no timezone expert. LOL maybe im going the wrong way DOH
makes sense that its just not set to time zones chosen and instead goes to a defualt general time settings.
That's the same mine is showing, IF your date is also showing tomorrow's date.  If you're running winders xp, double click on the clock in lower right corner, it should bring up date / time settings window, there is a time zone tab, you can click on the drop down and see all of the available time zones.  GMT is +8 hours from pacific standard time.  So 10 pm PST + 8 hours is 6am tomorrow morning by GMT.
For those wondering, it shows a 24 hour clock (military time), so add 12 to the hours in lieu of pm ~ 10pm + 12 = 22 (except for 12pm noon - its still just 12 and midnight is 00) ;)

Mystyx

• eye see you
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 01:33:48 PM »

Yea... Thats where I got the -8 from, clicking the time zones within winXP shows...
(GMT -08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)

I think It was just a weird coincident that I setup AHP at the specific time and it showed 00:00 instead of the current time. Thats why I thought it was just counting from 00:00.  ???

Either way....  it needs a fix :) it is probably added separately to the program and needs to be embedded as a time zone stamp instead of just added standard time.  ::)

Sonic

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 07:51:13 PM »

I found some other posts about the time stamp...seems to NOT be a new "issue"

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 12:10:23 PM »

I'll make sure we fix this for the next update.

Sonic

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 07:53:39 PM »

That's good news X-10Pro!  Maybe you could post up what fixes/enhancements will be available in the next patch? ;D

Mystyx

• eye see you
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 08:29:09 PM »

HEHEHE!!!  Yea a list for us to check up on :P

It will be listed in the patch message as the update is available :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.