Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Does x10 make a product that will...  (Read 3654 times)

shane

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Does x10 make a product that will...
« on: March 07, 2006, 12:48:41 AM »

I'm new here, don't know all the products, but have an auctioneer friend that wants to do the following...

He has a big hall he works that has TV's all around the sides and he needs to be able, because of the crowd, to have one of his people take his camcorder around to each crowded table during the auction so everybody in the place can see what's up for bid on the TV's, not just those few pressing up against the current table. This needs to all be live, not tape and run back and play over the TV's.

He needs a cordless transmitter for, and to be carried with, his camcorder that can be walked around by the camcorder photographer in these crowds, needs to be battery operated with no power cords dragging behind him through the crowds.

Also, will need compatable receiver, too, which will be stationary and plugged-in for power and wired into TV's main line.

Any suggestions?

-Shane

phorce1

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: Does x10 make a product that will...
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 03:13:23 PM »

Perhaps a VT32A + VR30A combination.

The VT32A is the transmitter. It operates from 12V DC. You would have to fabricate a power pack for it. A single 17Amp Hour gel cell in a fanny pack should work for a while.

It transmits up to about 100 feet to the VR30A receiver.

Gerald

frank

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
  • "All the time in the world..."
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 07:18:01 PM »

Perhaps a VT32A + VR30A combination.

The VT32A is the transmitter. It operates from 12V DC. You would have to fabricate a power pack for it. A single 17Amp Hour gel cell in a fanny pack should work for a while.

It transmits up to about 100 feet to the VR30A receiver.

Gerald

Hi phorce1,
What're the differences between the VT32A and the VT30A? I use the latter with my VR30A to send/receive my satellite signal between rooms so I don't hafta run cable and incur an xtra "subscription fee" for an xtra box. (saves me $5/mo.)
Shane,
If the VT32A is similar in design to the VT30A, he'll hafta continually "orient" the transmitter's antenna as he is walking/turning so as not to interrupt the signal to the receiver. It wouldn't be a problem if he can monitor what he's "outputting" by looking at the TV's around the sides. It may be annoying if he leaves it on while "maneuvering" thru the crowds cause the picture has a tendancy to flicker and roll and the sounds aren't too nice while this is occuring, either.
Does X10 offer a "omnidirectional antenna"? I dunno.
A1 used to bring a sizzzzling steak to mind.........

phorce1

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 09:37:26 PM »

It looks like the 32 is just a supercession of the 30. The VT30A is no longer listed on the x10.com website except in the "knowledge base" section. Probablt the same part with a new number.

And I'm kind of assuming that the original poster doesn't really need sound in this instance, All sound will be coming from the auctioneer at his podium. The camera is for visuals only.

I was originally going to suggest an XCam2 with battery pack + a VR30A but didn't for the exact reason you state. Using the VT32A he'll be able to set the unit down at each table he visits in such a manner that it will maintain a stable feed when he is moving his (cable attached) camera around a bit to show all the items.

Gerald

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.