Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problem with MyHouse & Dialup!  (Read 9033 times)

jelester

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Problem with MyHouse & Dialup!
« on: March 02, 2006, 10:20:47 PM »

Tech does not understand
« on: March 01, 2006, 03:16:30 PM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know this needs to be posted on the new community chat room,  so that maybe some one there  that has this problem and can understand my frustration in trying to make tech understand about this.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, March 04, 2006 4:15 PM
To: 'Wes Howlett'
Subject: RE: [THR2624830]: FW: Cannot get home cumputer

777350-RW627

I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING AND TOLD YOU EVERYTHING.  PLEASE CALL ME AND LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT.  I CANNOT MAKE IT ANY PLAINER.
YOUR SOFTWARE WILL NOT CONNECT MY HOME COMPUTER TO MY DIAL UP SERVICE SO THAT I CAN ACCESS IT THROUGH A REMOTE COMPUTER.  DON'T TELL ME YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND JUST CHECK THE PREFERENCES OUT ON MY HOUSE AND YOU WILL SEE THAT CERTAIN THINGS HAVE TO BE DONE IN ORDER TO DIAL MY HOME COMPUTER FROM A REMOTE.  I DO NOT HAVE DSL,  SO I CANNOT LEAVE MY HOME COMPUTER CONNECTED ALL THE TIME.

THANKS JERRY M LESTER

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 3:35 PM
To: jelester@mtinter.net
Subject: [THR2624830]: FW: Cannot get home computer

Greetings,

Thank you for your request. From your message, we were unable to determine the exact nature of your issue. Please reply to this email with a clear and detailed description of the issue(s) you are experiencing. We need you to refer to the products by model number and include any troubleshooting you have already tried. We also need your sales order or invoice number, in case there are order notes already documenting the issue. If you have any further questions, please reply to this email.

Regards,

-Wes H
X10.com technical support
support@x10.com
Please do not alter the thread number in the subject line.

Report to moderator    216.24.100.105 

X10 Pro
Administrator

Re: Tech does not understand
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 03:27:52 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sure we can get this working. What version of Windows are you using? Who is your ISP? Do you use their connection software, or regular Windows Dial-up Networking to connect?

Report to moderator    Logged 

jelester

Re: Tech does not understand
« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:00:23 AM »     

I use Windows XP,  My service provider is ntelos.net,  I use the standard windows log on to connect to the internet.

I am glad I got a response from you and I believe you do understand the problem.
I have no trouble at home connecting to the internet manually.  Just at the remote location will not connect to the home computer to make it come up whereby then I can connect to myhouse.

Thanks
Jerry Lester

Hey  read this and do you notice the X10 pro did not answer anymore
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 12:07:38 AM by Mystyx »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Product Reviews Wanted!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 11:42:35 PM »

A couple of questions:

1. Is the home computer OFF when you are trying to connect to Myhouse?  Are you trying to get Myhouse to turn it on?

2. How did you send the e-mail from the future?  It's still March 2, 2006 where I am. The date on your e-mail is Saturday's date

I'm not X10 Pro, just a Community Organizer trying to make sense of a somewhat garbled pair of e-mails.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Product Reviews Wanted!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 07:40:08 AM »

Dan:
2. How did you send the e-mail from the future?  It's still March 2, 2006 where I am. The date on your e-mail is Saturday's date
Maybe thats why AHP can't see the phone call it's on a PC days in the future! ;) :D

jelester: One other thing.What type of Phone are you tring to call your home PC with?.
I've noticed with my cell phone it rings twice on the cell before it rings once at home (and its not always the same amount)that would screw up the ringing sequence. The way AHP watches for a command to start MY House online.The plugin is flawed in this area. A much better way would have been to watch Callid.
Do this test if you can call home and count the rings have somone at home count the rings. Or if you have an answering machine set to pick up on # of rings see what the diference is if any! IF there is a difference thats the problem not AHP. Try this test a couple of times to see if it is consistent if so you might be able to just add a ring  or two to your count when you dial in! :) ;) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.