Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Strange operation  (Read 10590 times)

emil

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Strange operation
« on: March 03, 2006, 08:47:45 AM »

I've had my system working standalone a few days very nicely using a 15a for control and 751's to receive A & B rf. I still have the USB connected but again it's not running from the pc. I disconnected the USB for a bit and reconnected, now I'm having operational problems. I did the total reset of the 15a thing (unplug, pull batteries, clear memory, reset hardware configuration, reload code), I'm still having problems with the A channel almost like I lost range. I have the nearest sensor about 25ft. from the 751, should be close enough, was working before. I guess my question then is, is the rf section of the 14a's temperature sensitive, it's been a bit colder also since it stopped working. I've had it malfuction exactly like this before and I though reloading software fixed it but maybe it was temperture affecting the range of the rf transmission. I plan on moving the channel A 751 closer but I'd like to understand what's going on right now.
Thanks!

ActiveHomePro 3.310
SmartMacros 3.310

Mystyx

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • eye see you
Re: Strange operation
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 12:14:32 AM »

One thing I found is you should check with a signal meter for signals around your area and in your powerline from other devices.
HC "A" is ussually heavily used by other devices and is a defualt, id stay away from it.
In AHP, Click Look for Other Computers, it will show you your setup codes and others that the system might find in your area, a good idea if you dont have a tester might be to watch this ( clicking / closing ect) at busy times (dinner? evening?) and see what it says about whats being used or found.
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

emil

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 07:52:35 AM »

Thanks, that's a good suggestion.
It all started working again so I do have something on the fringe or else interference as suggested by Mystyx.
I'll be moving my transceiver closer and changing everything to different HC's.
ActiveHomePro 3.310
SmartMacros 3.310

Mystyx

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • eye see you
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 11:41:28 AM »

One thing I figured out with my system was that I have my main room (A/V AHP & PCs) setup all wrong for transmitting RF, My room is setup with 2 TVs and A/V receiver and 2 PCs setup in such a way that it is surrounding my CM15A into a corner, TVs and PCs will cause interference for RF if in between the CM15A and other units. Just as you Should have a Power filter on these such items to filter signal and help keep your equipment running in top shape, you should also take into consideration line of sight for RF transmissions. having the CM15A more central in the house without TVs & PCs in between other RF devices will help distance and signal strength.
might try not using a TM751 with the CM15A, a polite repeater (RR501 or another all HC unit) works better with the CM15A (or antenna mod).
TM751 is originally for units bought without the AHP CM15 setup ( as far as I know) and can cause unknown issues.
I also sent an email about random trigger problems since the 3.201 patch, try just leaving AHP closed with all modules setup in interface.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 11:45:32 AM by Mystyx »
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

emil

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 07:54:33 AM »

I am using the 751's as my front/back receivers so I just moved the one closer to the front and switched channels. I also have a .1uf cap bridging the power line phases, all is working well again. :)

Thanks
ActiveHomePro 3.310
SmartMacros 3.310

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.