📸Cameras & Camera Software > Wireless Cameras(non IP)

Interference with 2.4ghz Phones

(1/5) > >>

statewins:
I set aside my XCam2 two years ago after failing to get it to set up.  It worked on one TV, then we moved and I couldn't get it to work again.  After an hour of fiddling around today and switching up configurations, I always come to the same screen on the TV.  With the camera plugged in and the receiver connected to the TV via the video cable, there is a black screen with scrolling horizontal bars that appears once the set is turned on (when I press power on the camera receiver it changes from a black screen to this).  Is this a common problem?  It happened on both TVs I used and with different camera plugged in, so I'm leaning towards a receiver problem (I also used two different coaxial video cables and no change).  Anybody have any suggestions?  I don't want to put this stuff away and give up for good!
Thanks,
Peter

Brian H:
Any chance it is near a wireless network or 2.4 Ghz cordless phone? If so try turning them off as a test. let us know if that helps.

statewins:
That's the problem, I do have 2.4 GHz wireless phones in the house, our whole phone system is set up as such.  Is there any way to get around the interference besides removing the phones?  It's heartening to know the equipment functions.  Is there any way to use the two devices in conjunction with one another?  Thanks for the help so far!

Brian H:
Have you tried all 4 channels avilable on the cameras. Under the little rubber hole plug on the cameras and the switch on the bottom of the receiver. Match both to A B C or D.
You may find one that works better than the others.

statewins:
I tried all four channels, with noticable changes in interference, but still nothing close to an actual picture.  If there's nothing I can do I'm fine with that, but I don't want to throw this stuff in the corner if I can put it to good use, you know? 
Thanks,
Peter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version