Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anyone use the floodcam??  (Read 8216 times)

gtsguy

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Anyone use the floodcam??
« on: March 04, 2006, 01:36:42 PM »

I could use two flood lights around the house and I figured why not get them with the camaras.  Anyone use them??  How do they work?  Should I look for other lights?  Thanks.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Anyone use the floodcam??
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 11:03:22 PM »

One of the few things that x10 makes that are really excellent I got two the the video is much better then I expected actually it's very very good! If the picture isn't really sharp and clear it's probably your TV. When I first got mine I just thought the picture was ok but when I got a new TV the picture was 10x better so if your TV is older then 5 years old the inputs might not be up to snuff. The picture on my old the set was I thought pretty good but for some reason the video from the camera wasen't that good until I got my new TV, I was really amazed at the difference.

tcj

jakphlash

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 08:41:27 PM »

I've been using a floodcam for 2 years. It didn't work right when I got it. A phone call to X-10 went thru the basic setup procedures.
It still didn't work right. The lights go on but won't turn off. Every thread you read regarding the floodcam will say the same thing. The lights NEVER turn off. Being the stubborn person that I am, I incorporated a standard motion detector flood light, available at any home improvement store and removed the X-10 lights. Now it works! The camera sensor is flawless and the picture quality is fine.

jakphlash

tom j

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 07:27:00 PM »

I've been using a floodcam for 2 years. It didn't work right when I got it. A phone call to X-10 went thru the basic setup procedures.
It still didn't work right. The lights go on but won't turn off. Every thread you read regarding the floodcam will say the same thing. The lights NEVER turn off. Being the stubborn person that I am, I incorporated a standard motion detector flood light, available at any home improvement store and removed the X-10 lights. Now it works! The camera sensor is flawless and the picture quality is fine.

jakphlash

Hi well if you have a tabletop controller or remote with a transceiver you can easily turn them off. My father thought the same thing I came over with my controller plugged it in and turned the light off with no problem. You might also have the floodcam set in such a way that the light remains on at dusk, but you will definitely need an x10 controller to cut the unit off.

Tcj

jakphlash

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 12:59:52 AM »

This is a very late reply. The X10 flood cam is supposed to turn the lights off after a preset time. That doesn't happen. It's supposed to be automatic, without the need for external controllers. I have the desktop controller, in fact I have 2 of them and Active Home Pro as well. The floodcam doesn't shut off, ever. It doesn't matter what I tried. My devised system works flawlessly. Enough said. 

Jakphlash

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 06:42:40 AM »

This is an even later reply but I must agree with jakphlash. The flood cams are not reliable they turn on during the day. They turn on at times and do not automatically turn off. The video is fair like that from most of the X10 cameras. Do a search of these forums and you will see that most that have used them find them problamatic.

I own numerous X10 products and the flood cam is the only item I was never able to get to work correctly. >:(
_ _ ...  ..._ _

tom j

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 05:54:33 PM »

This is an even later reply but I must agree with jakphlash. The flood cams are not reliable they turn on during the day. They turn on at times and do not automatically turn off. The video is fair like that from most of the X10 cameras. Do a search of these forums and you will see that most that have used them find them problamatic.

I own numerous X10 products and the flood cam is the only item I was never able to get to work correctly. >:(

/quote]

Hummmm well I just never had that problem wiring up a new one this evening and will hook it up to a old extension cord and check it out inside before tacking it outside. And yes I know they are suppose to turn off automatically but they have been known to stick . For example after a power outage when the power came back on the lights on my dad's just remained on until I brought over my controller and cut it off he hasen't experienced and problems since. Owell....

Tom  j

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.