Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Socket Rocket, AHP, Eagle eye sensor problem  (Read 9739 times)

chris741

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Socket Rocket, AHP, Eagle eye sensor problem
« on: March 06, 2006, 02:54:12 AM »

Hi, newbie here -

I made a macro to turn on my socket rocket once the eagle-eye was triggered.  It worked in the basement, where my PC is stationed at.  I moved it upstairs to the kitchen ceiling light (probably 20 steps total) and nothing!

My camera is in my living room which is even farther away and I have a clear picture on my computer downstairs. Any ideas?  Do the signals travel downward instead of upward (as in gravity)?

Any tricks or products you can think of?  And are these RF signals?

Thanks

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: Socket Rocket, AHP, Eagle eye sensor problem
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 12:11:37 PM »

First off, the signals from your camera and the signals used to control the Socket Rocket are different. The camera uses the 2.4 GHz radio-frequency signal to send a picture to your TV or computer. The Socket Rocket is controlled using X10's power line carrier (PLC) signal, which travels on your AC power.

There are a few things that could prevent you from controlling the Socket Rocket in the new location. When you had it in the basement, did you change its address? If you changed the address and then moved it, the Socket Rocket could be set back to the default address of A1. Is that the address you have on screen in ActiveHome Pro?

Another thing to check: do you have other lights in the kitchen that you can control from the PC? If you move the Socket Rocket to another room can you control it? Sometimes the X10 PLC signal can be prevented from reach parts of the house by other electronics or appliances, or how the wiring is done.

Finally, what kind of light are you controlling in the kitchen? If the lamp isn't within the specification of the Socket Rocket, you may not be able to turn it on and off.

Mystyx

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • eye see you
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 12:59:34 AM »

Isnt a socket rocket a screw in light...  LM20?? I thought this was RF only and doesnt use the powerlines?
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 12:53:12 PM »

It is the screw-in module (LM15A), but it uses powerline, not RF. It doesn't have wheels for House and Unit Codes, so you have to set the address by sending it commands when it is first installed.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 04:10:36 PM »

Chris: it could be a couple of things most likely a Phase issue (see read me first in AHP general forum) if it still works in other locations in the home. If it won't work in any location anymore it could be it lost it's code and needs to be reprogramed. Or worse case if you had a bulb blow in the unit then the unit is toast! :'( (just lost mine this way) :'(
Hopefully it is one of the first 2 things! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.