📸Cameras & Camera Software > Wireless Cameras(non IP)

Multiple Camera Reception Helpful Tips!

(1/8) > >>

chinaboy:
Can someone tell me how in the world can you get 3 wireless cameras positioned in 3 different locations of the house to get a good reception from the receiver. I can get a crystal picture from 1 camera, but it is impossible to aim the other 2 in the same direction of the receiver. I have read in a few places that it is possible to build a cAntenna or something like that. What I am trying to get at is, there a way to get the wireless cameras to pickup a good signal from the Video receiver without a perfect line of site. Any help in this matter would really be appreciated.

Mystyx:
I have one Receiver and 4 cameras setup, By facing the transmitter on the camera towards your receiver, then Your receiver (all on the same code under the cap) facing either 90degrees from all cameras or facing Strait up to the sky.

on a side note, TVs, PCs, Monitors and such can interupt signals. Placing the receiver for your cameras as far from these Interferences as possible will help too.
also, If your not getting a good signal from one of the 4 codes, try another one.
what other 2.4Ghz Products do you own?

chinaboy:
Thanks for your advice. I have tried all the other channels but still got the same results. I also tried putting the receiver facing up. I have a 2.4ghz phones and a wireless modem. I turned both phone and modem off and still did not get any good results. The pictures are clear but  it jumps up and down the screen while making a annoying sound. You said to turn the receiver 90 degrees from all the cameras. Hmmmm, I guess I could try that, but I turned that thing all different directions. My receiver is sitting on top of my television but even when it is turned off I still get a bad reception so I don't think that is the problem. Again thanks for any advice that you have.

Tuicemen:
chinaboy : Try unpluging your tv and see if reception improves. Many if not All Newer Electronic Devices (TVs) still use power even when they are turned off (instant on feature) ;)

Mystyx:
Definately sitting on a TV also caused me problems, even on my stereo stand next to the TV was still a bit bouncy....   might try adding a longer RCA and try it about 10 ft away from devices...
A friend was amazed I got good reception with one of my recievers sitting in between my 2 monitors (surrounded) 2mm in any direction and I loose my picture.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version