Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Multiple Camera Reception Helpful Tips!  (Read 147166 times)

NATIVECRAFTS

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Multiple Camera Reception Helpful Tips!
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006, 12:56:47 PM »

Chinaboy:  Thanks for the response.  What "package" you bought that included software to store images in your computer and see your home on the web?

chinaboy

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2006, 04:17:38 PM »

You would need to go on the website and look for 3 camera unit that includes internet monitoring. Sometimes it is easier to call them and tell them what you want. Try the live online chat and they will help you get the best system for your needs. Besure to tell them that you need the audio/video reciever if you want both voice and audio from your cameras.

ttran

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2006, 01:45:57 PM »

Hi Chinaboy, I just read this forum and thought you might help explain how you setup your cameras to work with VCR commander II and laptop. I purchased two receivers and did not seem to get them work right. The instructions said the House code on the cameras has to be  the same with the house code of the receiver. If that is the case, how do you set to match the second receiver? Please share your experience. Thanks

Mystyx

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • eye see you
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2006, 08:54:23 PM »

The HC on the motion sensor is what you want to setup the VCR Commander too.

The cameras have a HC / UC On the Power supply, that is used to turn them on and off when needed.
There is also a small switch (under rubber cap on the camera itself) for code A, B, C, D (frequency) that needs to be set the same as your video receiver.
The video receivers don't have a HC / UC as they never get switched.
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

chinaboy

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2006, 12:28:17 AM »

Hey ttran: Mystyx is correct, I actually got most of my troubleshooting done with his help. I actually haven't used my VCR commander as yet. My first receiver is connected to my TV using RCA cables on channel A. The second receiver is connected to my laptop also on Channel A. Cameras are on House code A. Let us know if we can be of more assistance.

rizrash

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2006, 12:37:16 PM »

can any one tell me how will i setup my 3 XC10 cams so that they switch automatically i am using computer system to record things

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2007, 12:53:55 PM »

Can someone tell me how in the world can you get 3 wireless cameras positioned in 3 different locations of the house to get a good reception from the receiver. I can get a crystal picture from 1 camera, but it is impossible to aim the other 2 in the same direction of the receiver. I have read in a few places that it is possible to build a cAntenna or something like that. What I am trying to get at is, there a way to get the wireless cameras to pickup a good signal from the Video receiver without a perfect line of site. Any help in this matter would really be appreciated.

I don't think there is one!! I was just, just getting ready to write this same post!!! If someone at x10 had the foresight to develop a decent omnidirectional antenna instead of a directional one (remember the instructions says point the antenna in the direction of the camera you're trying to get reception from),we all wouldn't have this problem. For the money the camera's are pretty good I get excellent reception from my flood cams at about 50 feet from the reciever with the antenna pointing right at it, but what I've decided to do was just concentrate on the rear of my house and just forget the front I figure if anyone tried to get in with my security door in the front it would probably have to be the rear. I really like the wireless aspect of these cameras because you don't have the hassle of running wires but I think If I had to do it all over again because of the lack of a good antenna I would look into a system like the one below. I was also thinking about seeing if I could maybe try to improve the antenna or see if I could get someone to try to modify the receiver so that when you lay the the antenna flat that you could really get some decent reception. Good Luck!

Tom j

http://www.thehomesecuritystore.com/ezstore123/CUProductReviewList.asp?productID=1400
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 01:13:51 PM by tom j »

tom j

Re: Multiple Camera Reception Help!
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2007, 01:22:34 PM »

Thanks for your advice. I have tried all the other channels but still got the same results. I also tried putting the receiver facing up. I have a 2.4ghz phones and a wireless modem. I turned both phone and modem off and still did not get any good results. The pictures are clear but  it jumps up and down the screen while making a annoying sound. You said to turn the receiver 90 degrees from all the cameras. Hmmmm, I guess I could try that, but I turned that thing all different directions. My receiver is sitting on top of my television but even when it is turned off I still get a bad reception so I don't think that is the problem. Again thanks for any advice that you have.

The only way to see if your 2.4ghz phone is causing the problem is to UNPLUG the base the base is in constant communication with the handsets that's how I was able to isolate that problem of course I still had the problems noted earlier with trying to orientate the the antenna on the receiver to get decent reception from cameras on the front and back of the house.

Tom j

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2007, 04:46:27 PM »

Hey ALL!

Check out tuicemen's post: Tip: Improving wireless camera signals  Might not work for everyone, but it's a very creative idea!

Hope that will help some of you at least.  :)
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

adriguerrero

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2007, 01:06:35 AM »

OK.  Thanks for the advise of the cordless phone.  What about the wireless routers? It´s easy to change the phones, and the microwave that U only use it when warming food for little time. You said no problems with 3 cameras, I didn´t have problems too, but I bought 3 more, and my headaches came again, I only get signal from two of thems, and the others......poor me!! It´s been over 1 year I got bore trying to fix it, I takes lots of time, and imagination ;D ??? ::) Can I make a bridge between 2 receivers and senders? I got activehome pro and I can´t get the images in my pc, like when I got only 3 cameras.  I read before to try to make different codes for little groups of cams, like 4 cameras in code 1-2-3-4 and others in the last 4 codes 13-14-15-16 , that helped in signal, I tried it, I get a little better signal, but when I updated activehome software, again the problems..... >:(  CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!^!? :o
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 01:12:54 AM by adriguerrero »

tom j

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2007, 08:27:13 PM »

Say can anyone think of a reason why x10 doesn't make an omnidirectional antenna? most of the wireless camera systems I've seem are made this way can't understand why the antenna is directional I find it practically impossible to have cameras in the front and back of the house and get good reception I don't have any wireless phone problems just basic reception problems so I've decided to just cover the back and side of the house with two floodcams.

Tom j

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2007, 07:18:00 PM »

I searched the forum and didn't find this so I think I'm safe on not reposting.

I had bought a motion detected camera for a customer of mine to watch a back loading dock.  After I bought it they decided that they didn't want it.  It was a budget thing, right at the end of the year.

It came with a motion detector attached to the camera, a video receiver that also is a VCR\DVR Commander!

Well I was not getting very good reception with my directional vr31a so I said what the heck, I'll try this one!  I hooked it up, didn't work.  Changed the channel to 2, didn't work.  Changed the channel to 3, bi golly i got picture and not too bad of one either.

I had my vr31 at the total end of my house, since i had cameras all around my house and that was the only way i could get any kind of picture with all cameras. Since i hooked up this new receiver i was getting just as good picture with it.

Then it dawned on me that this antenna was omni-directional so i moved it to the center of the house. All i can say is WOW.  This things gives just as good or better with all of my 12 cameras!! And no more trying to fiddle with the dog ear!!(moving up, down, to the side, pointing to the ceiling, etc.) I'm estatic!!!

I haven't played with the vcr commander part of it yet, but since i have all my cameras working with the macros i found on this forum i don't need it, just need the receiver part.

Plus this receiver is really cool looking, has a blue led screen, shows the number of the channel on it and several options.  I don't know what the full potential is for this thing, but i think its great just for video receiver.

I also hooked up the camera that came with it.  very excellent picture.  hooked it up to my system using a appliance module and added it in AHP as a xc18 camera.

I hope this helps a lot of people as i would like to give back for all the help i received here!!!  heres the link: http://www.amazon.com/Homeland-Security-2-4GHz-Wireless-Activated
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 08:37:36 PM by hawk1 »
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

moocow

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2007, 11:53:57 AM »

Has anyone had issues with the wireless cameras and wireless N cards on their computer?  I am finding that I lose internet connectivity whenever a camera is plugged in.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2007, 06:10:37 PM »

Has anyone had issues with the wireless cameras and wireless N cards on their computer?  I am finding that I lose internet connectivity whenever a camera is plugged in.

That's a comman problem... but easily resolved. Wireless Internet, wireless phones (most), and X10 wireless cameras all use the 2.4Ghz FM frequency. However there is plenty of bandwidth there to use. The X10 wireless cameras have four setting. [A-D]. Wireless broadband will have up to twelve different settings. The phones are what you need to work around as they are unchangeable.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 06:15:05 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

moocow

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2007, 02:21:43 PM »

Thanks, I found the 4-position switch under the rubber plug on the camera base and changed it, which solved the problem.  Fortunately, our wireless phones are old technology 900 Mhz models, so no issues there.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.