Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: VA11A does not work  (Read 142147 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: VA11A does not work
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 03:48:39 PM »

2thelake: I just got back from the lake! ;)
The driver I have for the "WDM Audio Driver" is the CA506AA.sys found in folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\X10\DriverInstall\VA11A Video Capture if yours isn't using this driver that maybe your problem!
Don't let windows Auto install the drivers Manualy point to the ones you wish to use [/color] else 99% of the time it won't find the correct one!
Also you can test the VA11A using the windows movie maker found under Accessories in XP. Note AHP needs to be closed for it to find it!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

cddyal

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 09:04:20 PM »

I am desperate for help.
I have tried everything listed here multiple times. I have uninstalled and reinstalled software. I have tried different USB ports. I have spent days struggling with this thing.

When I open Pan/Tilt, I get a splash screen, then a Windows Net Meeting greeting, then the screen is green. I cannot capture any video through Movie Maker.

I am totally stumped.

PLEASE, please, someone help me...

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 09:57:45 PM »

cddyal:
Some have had luck down loading and installing the X10drivers from the Software Download Center and installing them! ;) :D ;D
If you can't get your VA11A to be recognized by movie maker you've done something wrong!
Is the VA11A listed in your Device Manager under Imaging Devices and the Universal Serial Bus Controllers?
Or is the Intel PC cam listed?

Which ever is listed the driver provider must be X10 you have to manually update the driver to point to that driver! (don't let windows auto search) ;)
If neither is listed then the VA11A is likely defective! ::) :'(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

cddyal

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 11:58:49 PM »

TUICEMEN:

VA11A is listed in Imaging Devices, Intel PC Cam is in USB controllers, I have installed drivers for both per your instructions. All I get is a green window for Windows Net Meeting...

See if this helps any:  When I got this stuff a week ago, I finally got things working once I got the Pan/Tilt software--but I never got an X10 splash screen or this green Windows Net Meeting stuff. Any way, I had an image through the one camera I had hooked up.

I took the camera outside (and it does have power, the antenna is pointed in the right direction, it's on the right channel) and set it up, and in rearranging and organizing my mass of computer cables, I put the two X10 devices into two different USB ports, not the ones through which I had originally seen an image.

I have tried going back to those ports (all ports are fully functional, BTW), but nothing works. I feel pretty certain my hardware is okay, but something on my computer is just not loading the video drivers, as I cannot even get Movie Maker to pull up an image.

I have been working on this problem for the past 3 or 4 hours, and I just don't know what else to do...Anything?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2006, 03:09:55 PM »

cddyal : Once you unplug and plug back into another USb port the drivers have to be changed again as windows detects a new device and auto installs drivers(unfortunately they are the wrong ones!)
 Since you realized your misstake and moved the USB plugs back, Windows lost that info once again and  auto installed drivers again! ::)
Unplugging the VA11A and replugging it back in is a Royal Pain!
 Check to make sure you have the right drivers once again! ;)
 I don't know where the  Windows Net Meeting stuff screen is coming from, and I'm unfamiliar with the pan & tilt software!
 Perhaps if you post in that section someone with that software can help you resolve your issues if the drivers are correct! ;) :D
Sorry I can't be of more Help! :( ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

cddyal

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2006, 04:20:24 PM »

You have helped me, Tuiceman, you have helped me.

I think I will need to uninstall all drivers, then reconstruct my "original" USB configuration and reload the drivers.

BTW, whether you're using IWitness, Pan/Tilt, Vanguard, XRay...each one of those programs comes with the necessary set of drivers, correct? You don't, for instance, need to install XRay Vision and Pan/Tilt in order to run Pan/Tilt, true?

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2006, 04:32:11 PM »

cddyal : Once you unplug and plug back into another USb port the drivers have to be changed again as windows detects a new device and auto installs drivers(unfortunately they are the wrong ones!)
 Since you realized your mistake and moved the USB plugs back, Windows lost that info once again and  auto installed drivers again! ::)
Unplugging the VA11A and replugging it back in is a Royal Pain!

If someone could figure out which are the wrong drivers, could the files containing those drivers be deleted or moved to some folder where Windows wouldn't look for them?  Or is that easier said than done in Windows?

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2006, 04:41:21 PM »

I guess if one had the time to search the windows folders you could find the wrong drivers and delete them!
But that may cause problems down the road! ::) ;)
It is easier said than done in Windows? ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

cddyal

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2006, 05:28:11 PM »

True.

What I meant was, I will go into Device Manager and simply uninstall the drivers for my X10 devices. I will then put my X10 devices on USB ports where I know they will work, then reinstall the software.

If that doesn't work...maybe I'll go out and buy a Mac.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2006, 05:48:44 PM »

I guess what I was thinking was to uninstall the bad drivers, then make a note of what's running in the Task Manager, then let Windows reinstall the bad drivers again and see what's been added in the Task Manager.   Yeah, sounds like a PITA.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2006, 06:22:34 PM »

cddyal : In order for a uninstall to work (FULLY),you'll need to also delete the x10 program folders in C:\Program Files and the X10 folder in C:\Program Files\Common Files ;)
After you have uninstalled from the control panel add/remove programs
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

cddyal

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2006, 10:33:23 AM »

Tuicemen:

It is alive! Thanks for your help, your patience, and your forbearance through what should have been a rather simple solution for me.

Pursuant to some of our discussions yesterday, I came home last night, reconfigured my USB ports as described, and, voila, works just fine.

If anyone else happens to pick up on this thread, please be sure and note:  this was not an X10 problem, but rather a Microsoft/Belkin/USB port--is it working or not--issue.

Reminds me of when I first start computing, I began with a Mac. Friends using the Microsoft OS used to always talk about their computers "crashing," and I had no idea what that meant...Until I got a PC...

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2006, 04:39:49 PM »

cddyal : I'm glad I was somewhat helpful!
Windows seems to be the culprit with most of the issues! ::) (not all though!) ;) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

matt

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2007, 02:42:46 PM »

Who else has this problem I'm about to explain?

My va11a adapter usually works fine.   Long ago, I got things working in a similar way to other suggestions in this forrum.  BUT...

nearly everytime I restart the computer, I have a new hardware found message. Then I go though the steps and it starts working.  then after a few restarts the problem happenes again.  it happens with onboard usb ports and mu PCI USB card.  Its connected directly to a port.

(and I have had this problem before before reinstalling windows 2000 server)

why why why??  Arg,    (oh, and why can't they update a driver or something to stop the computer from chuggin along when there is no input to the va11a? or when the lights are out and the camera has a blank signal?)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2007, 05:15:52 PM »

matt: This is just a guess! ::)
Do you have windows auto update set to auto install updates? ;)
that may be why you have to got through the proceedure every time. windows loads the new Drivers for the intel pc cam! ;)
If you have it set to auto update set it to ask you first, you may catch the problem! ;)

it happens with onboard usb ports and mu PCI USB card.  Its connected directly to a port.
Once the va11a is setup on a usb port unpluging it from that port will cause it to lose the info you Have to keep it in the same port always or go throught the setup again!
Perhaps your losing power to your USB ports. Any other usb device problems? ???(driver reinstalls that you've knoticed)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.