Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP Crashes  (Read 13550 times)

daleevr

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP Crashes
« on: March 07, 2006, 11:58:21 AM »

Just bought AHP. Did everything that was possible it seems to make AHP work, while working with the technical support people. After install it will come up for a moment then everything freezes. Task manager won't even work. All I can do is a manual reset to get my computer working again. Can anyone help?  Thanks!

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: AHP Crashes
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 12:50:31 PM »

Have you tried running the udpate to reinstall the necessary components:

http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/ahp_updt.exe

Also, do you get any error messages or anything when this problem occurs, or do things just freeze up? When it happens has any part of the ActiveHome Pro program appeared on screen?

daleevr

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 12:54:50 PM »

Yes I did run the 3.201 update. It did not seem to work. No error messages it just freezes up. The program comes up and the box showing what is registered comes up and when that box disapears is when all freezes.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 01:02:58 PM »

Sound like the original installation was botched. If it is any update will also be botched. The simple solotion is to uninstall AHP, delete the folders it established under C:\Program Files. They are Active Home Pro and X10 (under Common Files) After the uninstaller is finished and the folders deleted, REBOOT!!

Then re-install AHP and any updates. Then you can create your modules and timers.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

daleevr

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 01:49:39 PM »

Thanks for the info but I tried and it is still the same with the exception that now it asks for my registration number but it won't let me put it in because it freezes. Nothing works!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 02:03:21 PM »

Sorry, I can't help you. Send a message to X10Pro.

daleevr

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 02:06:16 PM »

Thanks for you help, I just can not understand what is going on and why I can not find an answer!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 02:08:37 PM »

I replied to your mesaage, it appears you have serious PC hardware problems. Send a message to X10Pro about it.

Serge

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 07:31:49 PM »

Hi daleevr,

Had same problem on my computer and I found that the problem is coming from a broken configuration file (MyHouse.ahx by default if I remember). You must delete it to get AHP work but you should know you'll lose all your configuration.
Perharps you've already done that but AHP makes a 'shadow' copy of your file and gets it back again and again and so, goes on crashing. So, you also need to delete this shadow copy. You'll find it in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\X10 Settings and it's called X10Active.xml
But you can simply delete all above mentioned folder if you intend to properly re install AHP...

Try this and tell us...
Serge

PS: Sorry for my poor Frenchy English (a chance you haven't heard it)...

RobX10

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2006, 07:28:10 PM »

I also just bought AHP and have exactly the same problem as daleevr, tried all the suggestions in this string, nothing working...frozen...not good. Is the recent download link corrupted somehow? Any more suggestions?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.