Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: First AHP Review.  (Read 26231 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
First AHP Review.
« on: March 07, 2006, 02:11:45 PM »

I'll start.  My X10 system consists of AHP and the CM15A driving 29 different modules on six different housecodes.  I have 10 LM465's, 4 WS467's, a single WS4777, three LM15A's, a SR227, a PRS11, a XPS3 and an XPFM. Many of the modules have timers. There are also addtional Lamp and Appliance modules that are used at the Christmas season for various lighted displays and animated figures. AHP has 4 different .ahx files for certain times of the year.

I do not have any of the add-ons as I have no cameras and no complcated macros and no need to address the system from the Web.

I have been an X10 user since the early DOS days, my first X10 control was the DOS version controlling a CP290.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 10:25:54 AM by Dan Lawrence »
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Rocket J Squirrel

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: First AHP Review.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 08:21:58 PM »

So, um, where's the review? What do you like and dislike about AHP?

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 11:38:08 PM »

Like:  The CMA15's USB conection, better than the serial one used with the CM11A.  Timers run flawlessly, and different timers for different modules are simple to construct and change.

Dislike:  AHP's inability to correctly show module status, which is traced to communications problems between X10 Network Services and AHP.  Lights are turned on at the set times, but AHP will not correctly show the status of different modules.

Mid30s-Techie

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 01:23:01 AM »

>:( The old X10 software and the CM11A has the same status issues.  What's up with this company?  I hate to spend anymore of my $$$ on X10 without good software & support!  X10 needs to get some better software programmers and testers.  I love home automation / hate X10 support and pop-up marketing.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 11:13:18 PM »

Like:  The CMA15's USB connection, better than the serial one used with the CM11A.  Timers run flawlessly, and different timers for different modules are simple to construct and change.

Dislike:  AHP's inability to correctly show module status, which is traced to communications problems between X10 Network Services and AHP.  Lights are turned on at the set times, but AHP will not correctly show the status of different modules.

Version 3.204 has corrected the status problem. AHP now shows the correct status of all lamp and appliance modules. Regular wall switches still will not report proper status unless they are turned on by AHP manually, but X10Pro wall switches do show proper status.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.