Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Now stepping up to the plate for the X10 "Professionals"......  (Read 11998 times)

frank

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
  • "All the time in the world..."

:-[  GGW!

No... that's not an abbreviation for Girls Gone Wild. At least not HERE right now. More like
"Golly-Gee-Wiz..."  :o
You see... I had a friend (who was impressed, yet skeptical of the X10 capabilities in my house) who stopped by just about the time when the "chat with Dave" thing was thought to be starting. But I think I've "Struck-Out" in the "SAF factor" because of a few "pitches" that were thrown when I was expecting to step-up, swing-away at hit a homer!

The play-by-play:

1st Pitch: A fastball, high and hard - Strike 1 - Short notice of the chat! --- She says, "Maybe they have busy schedules." --- I say,"Yeah."

2nd Pitch: A slow curve, barely over the plate at my knees- Strike 2 - Confusing start time! --- She says, "Maybe they honestly don't know when they can start it." --- I say," Yeah, because of their busy schedules."

3rd Pitch: A forkball, sails over my head - 1 Ball/2 Strikes - Even more confusing start time! --- She says, "Are you sure this is the forum that you joined?" --- I say, "Yeah, it's gonna be OK, obviously there's a logical explanation for the mix-up."

4th Pitch: A slider, low and outside - 2 Balls/2 Strikes - I get disconnected from the Web! --- She says, "Does that happen all the time, or just when you're on this X10 site?" --- I say, "Yeah, it has nothing to do with the Forum. These guys are pros at this sort of stuff."

5th Pitch: Another curve over the plate, I foul it away! - 2 balls/2 Strikes - I reconnect, and see that the chat is starting in 1/2hr! --- She says, "Cool! We didn't miss it! --- I say, "Yeah, we'll be able to ask about alot of stuff."  :-

6th Pitch: A knuckler, bounces in the dirt - Full Count - I try to connect to the chat but get ERROR: the XML response that was returned from the server cannot be processed! Then lose my connection and hafta reboot. --- She says, "Ha!Ha! This is working like your lights. Sometimes it works, Sometimes it doesn't!" --- I say, " Yeah, Real Funny! We're missing the Chat."

7th Pitch: A sinking fastball over the plate that the catcher can't handle! --- I connect after awhile to find "part" of the chat transcript. It seems there was a "technical difficulty". I streak towards first base --- She says, " Aren't these the people that are supposed to be handling the "technical difficulties" that their guests are having?" --- as I get thrown out before making it to first base, I say, "Yeah, but we'll get'em next time." --- She laughs, "Yeah! Maybe...... or not."

I'm out. She walks.  ::)
A1 used to bring a sizzzzling steak to mind.........

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: Now stepping up to the plate for the X10 "Professionals"......
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 06:52:59 PM »

Yeah, not as smooth as it could have been, but it will get better. Just out of curiosity, what web browswer were you using when you got the XML error?

frank

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 07:00:28 PM »

Yeah, not as smooth as it could have been, but it will get better. Just out of curiosity, what web browswer were you using when you got the XML error?

I hope it didn't come off as being cruel... I was just doin' a little "creative writing" that you were askin' for in a previous thread... heh-heh! I'm sure it will get better. Like the Pirates, it couldn't have any more problems! j/k  ;)

I use IE6.

frank

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 07:11:51 PM »

Oh! And I should say... although it was an attempt at "creative writing"  ::)  it was completely factual. No fiction. i.e. the XML problem DID occur.

I really wish I had more time to stay to ask you a coupla things that I wanted to discuss with Dave, but alas, I've gotta get some sleep. I work the graveyard shift and have been up all night and day. Maybe that's what's making me so "punchy" <------ "pittsburghese".
I'll hafta get back to you. I gotta get up and go to work tonite.

see ya and thanks for considerin' a poll.
Frank
 :-X

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.