Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Post V3.203  (Read 8536 times)

Tony Olson

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Post V3.203
« on: March 27, 2006, 05:20:57 PM »

My problems with MyHouse connection continues (from the remote application). A few weeks ago tech support really went all out and tried to help me out. Bottom line was that tech support could log on remotely from my account/password and see my stuff (modules etc.). Tech thought it might be something with my dynamic IP address from my ISP. My ISP rarely changes the IP addresses (and hasn't during this whole period. I just backed off waiting for your software updates.

Since that time (just the other day) I've reinstalled my Win XP SP2 OS (formatted and the whole nine yards) and only have the Win XP firewall. I'm not doing any file sharing (peer to peer networking).

After this and updating to the current AHP software I can log onto the MyHouse AHP client  and start it (that I always could do). Now when I log on remotely and connect to MyHouse after a number of iterations I connect to my account - and it just sits there  with the default Room 1 showing - none of my stuff. I did try to fire up the Activity Monitor and saw the command in the My Status window (and it just sat there).

I have a camera and other things I haven't hooked up yet until I find out why my remote connect won't work.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Tony

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: Post V3.203
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 05:32:37 PM »

When you are trying the remote client, how are you connected to the Internet? Is this in a network at work? Behind a proxy? Can you run the MyHouse client on the same computer as your AHP system and connect?

Tony Olson

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 05:55:33 PM »

I'm at home and not on a network nor behind a proxy. For this test I signed on via the same computer and did connect.

Thanks for the quick reply X10 Pro.

Tony

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 06:10:00 PM »

That's a start. When you try to connect from another computer on your network, what messaging do you get in the client status window? What shows up in the AHP System status window? If it's easier, you can grab screen shots and send it to me, or post here.

Tony Olson

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 07:27:18 PM »

Thanks. I sent you an e-mail with the status screens as attachments.
Tony

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.