Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: does it work  (Read 30263 times)

rondoc

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
does it work
« on: March 23, 2006, 02:03:30 AM »

The pan'tilt works fine on the "server" computer but I cannot get any video or controls on a remote computer. Sometimes it does connect but often not via control.x10.com . IF the expereicnes of others I have read on this topic in this forum are typical I amsuprised x10 has stayed in biusiness for so long... maybe the video ascept is too complex and expecting users to handle port setups is unreasonable. I have not foound anyone yet who is pleased with pan'tilt remote usage. If so please let us all know how you did it!

chinaboy

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: does it work
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 09:36:53 PM »

I really don't think that the pan and tilt program works like it should. I have connected with the remote computer using netmeeting as required for use with pan and tilt, but still cannot connect. Always get a response that says call was not accepted. I connect fine using WebMultiview and very happy with that. It would be nice to get pan and tilt to work. But right now, I tried everything without success.

tonyad

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 05:08:27 PM »

I have just installed pan and tilt- I also can not get it to connect- I can see with the Xray software- but not Pan and Tilt- did you ever get your problem fixed?

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 01:32:44 AM »

I have just installed pan and tilt- I also can not get it to connect- I can see with the Xray software- but not Pan and Tilt- did you ever get your problem fixed?

Say I guess I'm a gluten for punishment because I was thinking about maybe getting one of those Pan & Tilts but not until I can confirm that these problems have been corrected, can I get an update, have these problems infact been resolved??? Thanks

Tcj

tonyad

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 06:35:39 PM »

sorry for the delay- did not see your request-
No I never got it to work so I can see it across the Internet-

Have done a lot of research - I use d-Link router-
from D-Link, Microsoft and other 3rd parties, what I have been told is the only way to get it to work is to have the computer it is on be outside the firewall - in the DMZ- that means anyone on the internet can see and access that computer- not GOOD at all

Have tried to contact X10- but just get the same run around-

I ened up using PC ANywhere to access the desktop- but iamge is very bad- looking for other solutions.

PnTuser

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 06:59:54 PM »

I got mine working but with some problems unresolved. I opened the ports on the routers as instructed in http://www.portforward.com/. Next I made sure NetMeeting accepted calls automaticly on the server, you have to this everytime you start PnT Pro . I get video over the internet, but I cannot use the Pan and Tilt controls and the browser always freezes. Even though the browser is frozen the video feed continues.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.