Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Switched to MyHouse Online - Still Can't Connect From Work Through Corporate Firewall  (Read 22278 times)

Drews

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I ordered AHP to replace the Vanguard camera setup because I heard tell that Vanguard uses port 80 and 8001 exclusively, which the corporate firewall may be using. I also heard tell that this problem was addressed in AHP and therefore should work, however, I'm getting the exact same problem when I try to connect remotely. I have no problem connecting from another computer at home or remotely from the same computer that AHP is running on. I thought this problem was addressed in AHP? Any ideas?

darkstarz

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • USMC - Semper Fi - Once a Marine, Always a Marine
    • Darkstarz World

What exactly are you trying to do, or connect to from where, to do what? your message is a little confusing without specifics.
Are you using AHP at work or at home, trying to connect to what, AHP or something else? What Firewall are you going through, Windows basic Firewall or a different one?
Most servers, personal web servers or businesses can use a variety of ports, 80, 8000, 8080, 8001 or just about anything you choose to use or setup your personal or business server. AHP is not a "stand alone" server as is, however when used with the My House plug-in for AHP you can set it up to connect to it remotely and operate your cameras and other devices remotely. My House connects to a server at X10, which provides you with an access code for remote logon to your AHP at home or work or where ever you have it setup at. You then go to a specific website, http://myhouse.x10.com?########## and enter your username / access code to connect to your AHP setup and your all set. You're actually using X10's web service / server as a portal to connect to your computer running AHP.

Larry S.
http://www.darkstarz.com
The impossible we do immediately,
Miracles may take us a day longer.

Drews

What exactly are you trying to do, or connect to from where, to do what? your message is a little confusing without specifics.
Are you using AHP at work or at home, trying to connect to what, AHP or something else? What Firewall are you going through, Windows basic Firewall or a different one?
Most servers, personal web servers or businesses can use a variety of ports, 80, 8000, 8080, 8001 or just about anything you choose to use or setup your personal or business server. AHP is not a "stand alone" server as is, however when used with the My House plug-in for AHP you can set it up to connect to it remotely and operate your cameras and other devices remotely. My House connects to a server at X10, which provides you with an access code for remote logon to your AHP at home or work or where ever you have it setup at. You then go to a specific website, http://myhouse.x10.com?########## and enter your username / access code to connect to your AHP setup and your all set. You're actually using X10's web service / server as a portal to connect to your computer running AHP.

I have AHP running at home and 'm trying to connect remotely from work. I still have something funny going on with my ports. I'll try doing even more port forwarding on my end at home.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68

I presume you have AHP and the CM15A plus My House or just AHP alone?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Drews

I presume you have AHP and the CM15A plus My House or just AHP alone?

I have everything. What shuold I set my wireless router modem for as far as port forwarding? Should I create a new service on port 8001 or something?

philliec

• Helpful Post Rating: 1

I have had the same problem with my company, but I think that it is due to a proxy server configuration. I have a business internet at the office of course and at home, but they both work through this proxy server and I cannot configure it to run trying just about everything. However, if I try a simple dial in iMyHouse all works fine. At my other house that has a basic broadband MyHouse works fine too. I have just about given up due to this proxy server that is required and now use GoToMyPc that seems to tunnel through everything very well.
Craig

Drews

I have had the same problem with my company, but I think that it is due to a proxy server configuration. I have a business internet at the office of course and at home, but they both work through this proxy server and I cannot configure it to run trying just about everything. However, if I try a simple dial in iMyHouse all works fine. At my other house that has a basic broadband MyHouse works fine too. I have just about given up due to this proxy server that is required and now use GoToMyPc that seems to tunnel through everything very well.

What's GoToMyPC.

I managed to get my modem switched around to use port 8001 and have verified that someone outside my home network (my sister at her house) can in fact see my cameras. Now that I have that working I'm going to leave it run today and tryit from work.

philliec

• Helpful Post Rating: 1

Drews,

GoToMyPc.com provides remote control software on the web for a monthly fee. They provide software for a Virtual Network (VNC). I had heard about it and went to their website and downloaded the software to control the computer that I wanted to see and then registered it with Gotomypc.com. it was free for 30 days and found that it worked great everywhere including work. Now I pay about $9 per month for the service.

I live and work in Sauidi Arabia and have my home in Colorado. Depending on where I am, I register the computer that I want to see and control, and then when at the other location I just log into GoToMyPc.com and it automatically connects to computer that I want to control. You can then move to the user area that you want and launch AHP just like you are running the computer at that location. There are other VNC software providers (RealVNC), but GoToMyPc has figured out how to tunnel through just about everwhere. The bottom line is that I have AHP working remotely from anywhere.

There are a lot of people that are purists and will not pay the fee, but with the proxy server configuration that my company provides in Saudi I found that it was impossible to get MyHouse working properly. In Colorado where I have no proxy server, MyHouse works perfect, but I cannot connect to the MyHouse server from Saudi due to the proxy configuration. 
Craig

Drews

Drews,

GoToMyPc.com provides remote control software on the web for a monthly fee. They provide software for a Virtual Network (VNC). I had heard about it and went to their website and downloaded the software to control the computer that I wanted to see and then registered it with Gotomypc.com. it was free for 30 days and found that it worked great everywhere including work. Now I pay about $9 per month for the service.

I live and work in Sauidi Arabia and have my home in Colorado. Depending on where I am, I register the computer that I want to see and control, and then when at the other location I just log into GoToMyPc.com and it automatically connects to computer that I want to control. You can then move to the user area that you want and launch AHP just like you are running the computer at that location. There are other VNC software providers (RealVNC), but GoToMyPc has figured out how to tunnel through just about everwhere. The bottom line is that I have AHP working remotely from anywhere.

There are a lot of people that are purists and will not pay the fee, but with the proxy server configuration that my company provides in Saudi I found that it was impossible to get MyHouse working properly. In Colorado where I have no proxy server, MyHouse works perfect, but I cannot connect to the MyHouse server from Saudi due to the proxy configuration. 

Craig, did you try Windows XP remote connection? I may try that first.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.