Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: AHP & MyHouse update to v3.203 Available  (Read 97109 times)

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: AHP & MyHouse update to v3.203 Available
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2006, 03:17:03 PM »

The update to 3.203 changes the port usage on the AHP system and the client, and that change is what you need to make the connection from behind your office firewall. Once you update your AHP system to 3.203 it should work.

cary

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2006, 04:17:19 PM »

Thanks for the clarification. I'll hopefully get my AHP updated later in the week and check it out.

cary

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2006, 02:33:55 PM »

X10 Pro - Made the 3.203 updates to my AHP system. Unfortunately going thru a proxy server (with my remote client) must be the reason that I still can't connect to my AHP. Any other suggestions?

chicago

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2006, 03:26:45 PM »

what and how were the ports changed.  is there a post that gives more details on the fixes provided by thisupdate?

Drews

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2007, 07:52:28 PM »

This is a full update release (including the MyHouse Web client) that includes all of the changes from v3.202, some fixes to things pointed out by users here, and a the change to make MyHouse not use port 8001. This change will make it easier to use with firewalls, etc. The list of changes is:

• Changed "Troubleshooting" link in Help menu to point to new forum.
  • Fixed problem with events running from interface not being recorded in Activity Monitor.
  • Fixed problem with Advanced Command address sequences not running correctly.
  • Fixed readability of text in some macro command displays.
  • Fixed Smart Macros Preferences: advanced, etc. and other options not being saved after program exit.
  • Improved RF transmission performance, especially for camera controls.
  • iWitness: Fixed problem with saved video being cut off or too short.
  • MyHouse: Added code to detect server load and performance and select appropriate server.
  • MyHouse: Changed parts of frame tranmission to improve performance and reliability.
  • MyHouse: Improved reliability of video transmission.
  • MyHouse: No longer uses port 8001 for communication.
  • MyHouse: Fixed overlap of Upload/Download bars and time display in status bar.
  • MyHouse: Added preference for send e-mail method in MyHouse.

You can get the update directly from:

http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/ahp_updt.exe

You can roll back to the previous release version with:

http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/ahp_updt_201.exe

Please note that if you use MyHouse you will have to update both the client and your main AHP system in order for communication to continue to work. If you aren't able to update your AHP system yet, use the following program to change the MyHouse configuration on your MyHouse Web Client system.

http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/myhouse_config.exe

Seeing as how I got Vanguard with my purchase, but it doesn't work due to port 80 problems, is there any way I can get the AHP upgrade for free and use that instead? I bought this product specifically so I can do this. I'm 99% of the way there and I feel like X10 dropped the ball on me.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2007, 11:20:06 PM »

3.203 is no longer available.  It was released on March 24, 2006 and was listed on the AHP Software history (posted elsewhere here) as Buggy. It was replaced by version 3.204 (July 3, 2006), the current version available for AHP & My House.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Drews

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2007, 07:58:46 AM »

3.203 is no longer available.  It was released on March 24, 2006 and was listed on the AHP Software history (posted elsewhere here) as Buggy. It was replaced by version 3.204 (July 3, 2006), the current version available for AHP & My House.

Is there some way to get a copy of the new AHP or MyHouse as well as the USB module needed that gets around the port 80 problem so I can use it with my cameras. Seems to me if this was a known bug with Vanguard they should have never shipped Vanguard with my cameras. They should have shipped me AHP or MyHouse with the fix as well as any USB hardware necessary. Only seems right. I purchased the camera system so I could not only record actitivity but also view it from work. IF AHP or MyHouse does this then they should have given me that instead. It's not like I had a choice in the matter. I ordered a working camera system, not cameras with the choice of a functional vs a a dysfunctional software package. I bought this system only two weeks ago. It's not like I'm asking them to replace something I've had for eternity. Even if I did have it for a few years, if it doesn't work as advertized they should have provided and upgrade at not cost to solve the problem, even if that upgrade involves shipping customers a totally different package that does work.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 08:02:26 AM by Drews »

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2007, 10:59:28 AM »

Seems to me if this was a known bug with Vanguard they should have never shipped Vanguard with my cameras. They should have shipped me AHP or MyHouse with the fix as well as any USB hardware necessary. Only seems right. I purchased the camera system so I could not only record actitivity but also view it from work.

Is it a bug or a limitation?

From your postings here, and elsewhere, the problem seems to be with your networking.  If you fixed all your networking problems, the X10 software would work just fine, right?

I guess this all seems, to me, to parallel getting X10 PLC working within one's home. X10 sells you a controller and modules, but "fixing" the communication problems it up to the user.  Here for this, it is up to the user to "fix" their networking/internet communications problems.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2007, 11:06:42 AM »

From your post, it sounds like you are still within the 30-day window, and you should still be able to return the system for a refund.

Drews

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2007, 11:15:30 AM »

From your post, it sounds like you are still within the 30-day window, and you should still be able to return the system for a refund.

I don't want to return the system, I don't want to go through the hassle of returning a system. The only thing I'd really be returning would be the cameras and the USB. I'd wind up getting the same cameras back with a purchase of a new surveillance system. I don't want to pay more for something that does work considering the original was supposed to work. What I want is the new WORKING software for free along with a replacement USB module that works with MyHouse or AHP. Seems only right to me. Registering me with the new functional software wouldn't cost them a dime, and a new USB module, in all honesty, probably costs them $2 to make. Ok, maybe $10 for a breadboard, a plastic case, and some transistors and resistors. It's no loss to them at all to do right by their customers, especially since I bought $500 worth of stuff from them. $2 vs. the loss of another $500 from a disgruntled customer or other customers that were steared clear of X10 by the disgruntled customer, hey, that should be a no-brainer for management. "Let's see $2 hit to us to keep a customer happy to ensure future purchases of $500 or more. We'll take the additional $498." My neighbor is looking into home security as well. He's waiting to see how things turn out for me with X10. If I'm happy, I guarantee you he'll be placing an order with them as well for $500 - $600 for a security and survaillance system.

As far as the software goes, just send me a working copy of AHP or MYHouse and close the registration on the Vanguard. End of problem. No loss to them. The USB for AHP or MyHouse can't be any more than a few dollars.

Not only that, I just spent a week or more debugging this system, only to get to the point of finding that an advertised feature doesn't work due to poor programming. Isn't that worth something? I'm not asking for a free system, they can keep the money I paid for the system with Vanguard, just give me a system that actually works if that's what they're advertizing.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 11:24:24 AM by Drews »

Drews

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2007, 01:25:58 PM »

Seems to me if this was a known bug with Vanguard they should have never shipped Vanguard with my cameras. They should have shipped me AHP or MyHouse with the fix as well as any USB hardware necessary. Only seems right. I purchased the camera system so I could not only record actitivity but also view it from work.

Is it a bug or a limitation?

From your postings here, and elsewhere, the problem seems to be with your networking.  If you fixed all your networking problems, the X10 software would work just fine, right?

I guess this all seems, to me, to parallel getting X10 PLC working within one's home. X10 sells you a controller and modules, but "fixing" the communication problems it up to the user.  Here for this, it is up to the user to "fix" their networking/internet communications problems.

My network is set up fine. I have port forwarding and all that setup properly. I can't connect through a proxy server or corporate firewall.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.