Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 3.203 MASSIVE Software Bugs  (Read 5957 times)

matt ford

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
3.203 MASSIVE Software Bugs
« on: March 25, 2006, 04:35:01 PM »

Hi-

I just downloaded 3.203 and found the following bugs:

-Lights often don't work.  Often times you can start active home pro and everything shows a question mark on the level.  I can unplug the USB controller and replug and sometimes regain control.
-Chime now emits a loud "fire alarm" type signal with the addition of some LM14A'S.  You must unplug the chime for it to return to normal
-You can hit the "on" switch in activehome and it still shows 0% in the intensity window.
-Light switch will flash on and off in Activehome, causing lights in the house to flash on and off uncontrollably.

I'm going to go back a couple of versions and see if this thing will start working again.

Matt

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: 3.203 MASSIVE Software Bugs
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 09:29:49 AM »

Matt:
The chime problem is a bug in the chime firmware, not with AHP or the CM15A.  Any two extended code commands (a la LM14A) on the power line occurring within a second or so cause the chime to morph into a banshee.  It's been confirmed with other software and reported to X-10.  I've retired my chime module and instead use a UM506 Universal Module as a chime for this reason.

I can't speak to your other problems. 
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 12:29:53 PM »

matt ford: The problems with lighting control sound like a problem with the interface, or with the part of the software that communicates to the interface. When you're having these problems are you able to use a remote control to turn lights on and off? When you do that are changes registered on the screen in AHP or in Activity Monitor?

bmize13

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 05:35:36 PM »

matt ford: The problems with lighting control sound like a problem with the interface, or with the part of the software that communicates to the interface. When you're having these problems are you able to use a remote control to turn lights on and off? When you do that are changes registered on the screen in AHP or in Activity Monitor?

I had similar problems after updating.  BUT, resetting everything in the CM15A (deleting interface memory, removing batter, and reloading everything), I've not experienced any further problems.  In fact, I have actually experienced fewer problems from crashing software.
[Edit by Tuicemen, thread locked, Reason: Newer software version available]
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 10:36:09 AM by Tuicemen »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.