Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dim / Bright Commands  (Read 3560 times)

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Dim / Bright Commands
« on: March 01, 2006, 11:59:49 AM »

I have found the following strange behavior in a timer I have on a lamp:
I set the lamp to come on at 45% (I know, it comes on full, then dims down - that isn't the problem).
However, instead of dimming down to 45%, it only dims down by 50% (to 50%) . The Activity Monitor shows "C Dim 55%", but the activity Monitor I have on a separate PC (which monitors the Powerline commands) shows "C Dim 50%," which is what the light is actually doing. It seems that the CM15A is reporting one thing, but doing something else. In this case, the Activity Monitor is correct, and the command being sent is wrong (usually, it is the other way around).
When will this be fixed?

In addition, I was trying to adjust the dim/bright slider in a macro yesterday, and I found that it would only allow me to go in 2% steps. I could not set a light to 45%, I was stuck with either 44% or 46%. It also does not allow you to set the number manually.
Can this be fixed in the next version?

DAW

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Dim / Bright Commands
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 12:29:57 PM »

Neither CM15A and AHP, nor maxi, or mini controller can dim modules in 1% increments. It actually works out to about 6% per dim command. Consequently the "percentage" dim shown in AHP tends to be relative. This may also explain the descrepencies between the Activity Monitor on two computers. One is reporting what you programmed it to send, and the other is reporting what it actually saw. Regardless,  1 % resolution is impossible UNLESS you program AHP to send one dim command at a time. (If you have SDK you might be able to -  allow at least 3 cycles between each DIM command - try 20 milliseconds between DIMS as a starter - then it should take 128 DIMS to go from 100% to 0%).

Another explaination is you can't get the precision you want at the price we are paying.

popnowlin

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Dim / Bright Commands
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 08:51:21 PM »

Do you have the SDK?  I have it and unless I missed something it's not an SDK.  There is no documentation on what classes and methods are in the X10 dll files.  The C++ samples show using some methods but there is no description of how to use them and there are no useful comments in this code.  If there is SDK documentation I missed let me know.  I would like to program some things on my own but if all I can do is invoke the ahcmd.exe from inside a script or other program it's not an SDK.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.